Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Las Vegas GTG 2016!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
What a wonderful get together PS hosted this year! Many, many thanks to Andrey and Linh for hosting such a lovely party just for us! :appl: I am sooo happy that my bling buddy, Bright Ice, and I were able to go again!!! The GTG just gets better every year!

There were many people there, but it wasn't so crowded that it would be hard to visit with people. In fact, I stayed the latest I ever have (after midnight) because we were just enjoying visiting with each other! I felt like I knew a majority of the people there after going 3 times! A lot of our favorite vendors were there, and we really enjoyed the time they spent talking with us, and I hope they did, too! The door prizes they donated were fabulous, and there were some very thrilled winners! I'll let them post if they choose to! I won a wonderful set of 3 books, Chanel, Van Cleef and Arpels, and Mikimoto, donated by Jeff Ira of Metro Jewelry Appraisers!!! :appl:

I have been on this forum for 10 years and the PS community means a lot to me! The wonderful thing is, many of us have made real life friends through this forum! We may have diverse backgrounds, ages, political leanings, etc. but we have the bond of a common love for fine diamonds, gems, and jewelry! I can't say enough about our vendors, also. They are just the best!!! :love: (Many people don't want their pictures publicly posted, so I will only post the traditional pic of Madelise wearing many of the members' gorgeous rings (without and with flash)! Make note of Madelise's fabulous manicure, too! Others can post pictures of themselves or their jewelry. Please do not post pictures of others without their permission.)

I do want to add one funny thing related to this picture. When I got home last night and showed my daughter the picture, she asked which one was my diamond. (It is on the far right, top ring.) I pointed it out and she replied, "Mom, your diamond looks small. You need to step up your game if you're going to Las Vegas again." :lol:

Thank you again to Andrey and Linh and any others who helped with the party!!!!! Great food, fellowship, and friends!!! We love our PS people!

2016-06-04_20.jpg

2016-06-04_0.jpg
 

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
3,683
Sounds like everyone had a great time! :appl: So who were the winners of the other door prizes?
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
m-2-b|1465258949|4040938 said:
Sounds like everyone had a great time! :appl: So who were the winners of the other door prizes?
Here are some that I can recall (and hopefully they will post pics):

jstarfireb: High Performance Diamonds/CBI Beverley K pendant

Resonance.of.Life: Whiteflash Simon G diamond hoop earrings (incentive to get her ears pierced)

Bright Ice: Ritani pave diamond pendant

Dee Jay: Good Old Gold antique diamond ring

Madelise: James Allen diamond bracelet

? : David Atlas diamond pendant

diamondseeker2006: Jeff Ira, Metro Jewelry Appraisers, Chanel, Van Cleef, and Mikimoto books
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
The pear green ring with awesome plain shank halo.. whose.is.that? I am in love!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
Gypsy|1465259952|4040948 said:
The pear green ring with awesome plain shank halo.. whose.is.that? I am in love!
I think it belongs to NKOTB (sorry in advance if that is wrong). It is gorgeous!
 

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
Great pics! The manicure is perfect with all of the fabulous bling! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

It sounds so exciting to attend. Thank you for sharing your experience. I can't wait to see more pics plus find out who won door prizes! :dance:
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
diamondseeker2006|1465260869|4040951 said:
Gypsy|1465259952|4040948 said:
The pear green ring with awesome plain shank halo.. whose.is.that? I am in love!
I think it belongs to NKOTB (sorry in advance if that is wrong). It is gorgeous!
Do you know anything about it? What the stone is (tourmaline?) And who did the setting?
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,781
What a fabulous collection of rings. :love: :love: :love:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
Gypsy|1465261553|4040956 said:
diamondseeker2006|1465260869|4040951 said:
Gypsy|1465259952|4040948 said:
The pear green ring with awesome plain shank halo.. whose.is.that? I am in love!
I think it belongs to NKOTB (sorry in advance if that is wrong). It is gorgeous!
Do you know anything about it? What the stone is (tourmaline?) And who did the setting?
Yes, NKOTB was the original owner. Cuprian tourmaline from Peter Torraca, design by Liz W (need to look up her site), and made by DK. (I think NKOTB had this ring for sale at one point, so I am not 100% sure who owned it at the GTG!)
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
It's gorgeous. Way to go Liz and DK. I wnst that for an earring and pendant set!
 

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
1,481
Congratulations Diamond Seeker! Don't forget to send me an e-mail with your shipping info. You can e-mail me at [email protected] I'm glad that everyone had a great time! Jeff
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
Modified Brilliant|1465266239|4040996 said:
Congratulations Diamond Seeker! Don't forget to send me an e-mail with your shipping info. You can e-mail me at [email protected] I'm glad that everyone had a great time! Jeff
Thank you so much, Jeff! I did email you shortly after posting this thread! So sorry you were not able to be there with us!
 

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Messages
3,434
AHHH even though I was there and saw that picture being taken it still gives me the warm and fuzzies when I see it. We've got a damned fine group of folks, don't we??
 

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
10,549
Gypsy|1465264415|4040980 said:
It's gorgeous. Way to go Liz and DK. I wnst that for an earring and pendant set!

Gypsy: I think this is the thread in question about the ring with stats and tons more pics. If I'm not mistaken it was a collaboration between Elle from The Gemstone Project and DK in terms of the setting, with the stone from Peter Toracca.

It's one of my all time favorite CS rings as well :)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-04-cuprian-tourmaline-set-in-dk-tgp.218074/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-04-cuprian-tourmaline-set-in-dk-tgp.218074/[/URL]
 

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
502
It truly was a nice evenIng. Great picture!
 

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
13,379
The CB and I have just now landed in Chicago (we are at the very back of the plane, it's taking forever to get off!). We had so much fun and can't wait 'til next year!

Belated goodbye to the people I didn't get to hug 'bye to for real on Saturday night -- Disamondseeker, Neatfreak, Garry, and anyone else who had either left or I didn't want to interrupt when the time came.

And another huge thank you for my amazing ring!!! Would it be overkill to do a thread in SMTB since I've already posted a picture?! :cheeky:
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,781
Dee Jay, I think a thread on your ring would be wonderful and of course include a lot of pictures.


Marcy
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
I think I will have to come next year!

I am so happy you guys had such a great time.

MORE PICTURES PLEASE.

Thank you for the link LovesDogs.

I love green and pears and unique halos. So this ring is just beautiful.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,596
diamondseeker2006|1465258202|4040928 said:
I have been on this forum for 10 years and the PS community means a lot to me! The wonderful thing is, many of us have made real life friends through this forum! We may have diverse backgrounds, ages, political leanings, etc. but we have the bond of a common love for fine diamonds, gems, and jewelry! I can't say enough about our vendors, also. They are just the best!!! :love: (Many people don't want their pictures publicly posted, so I will only post the traditional pic of Madelise wearing many of the members' gorgeous rings (without and with flash)! Make note of Madelise's fabulous manicure, too! Others can post pictures of themselves or their jewelry. Please do not post pictures of others without their permission.)
Beautiful collection :!: You ladies trust Madelise with all those beautiful jewelry on her fingers?.. :think: She might head for the exit!... :lol:

How many PSer attended? List of the attendees?
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,761
Dee*Jay|1465272194|4041039 said:
The CB and I have just now landed in Chicago (we are at the very back of the plane, it's taking forever to get off!). We had so much fun and can't wait 'til next year!

Belated goodbye to the people I didn't get to hug 'bye to for real on Saturday night -- Disamondseeker, Neatfreak, Garry, and anyone else who had either left or I didn't want to interrupt when the time came.

And another huge thank you for my amazing ring!!! Would it be overkill to do a thread in SMTB since I've already posted a picture?! :cheeky:
Uh... YOU BETTER! :lol:
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
34,124
monarch64|1465276152|4041055 said:
Dee*Jay|1465272194|4041039 said:
The CB and I have just now landed in Chicago (we are at the very back of the plane, it's taking forever to get off!). We had so much fun and can't wait 'til next year!

Belated goodbye to the people I didn't get to hug 'bye to for real on Saturday night -- Disamondseeker, Neatfreak, Garry, and anyone else who had either left or I didn't want to interrupt when the time came.

And another huge thank you for my amazing ring!!! Would it be overkill to do a thread in SMTB since I've already posted a picture?! :cheeky:
Uh... YOU BETTER! :lol:
Umm yeah pretty please do a SMTB thread of your own!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Love seeing all the happy pics and hearing what a wonderful time you all enjoyed at the Las Vegas GTG! Thank you for sharing! :appl:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
Dee*Jay|1465272194|4041039 said:
The CB and I have just now landed in Chicago (we are at the very back of the plane, it's taking forever to get off!). We had so much fun and can't wait 'til next year!

Belated goodbye to the people I didn't get to hug 'bye to for real on Saturday night -- Disamondseeker, Neatfreak, Garry, and anyone else who had either left or I didn't want to interrupt when the time came.

And another huge thank you for my amazing ring!!! Would it be overkill to do a thread in SMTB since I've already posted a picture?! :cheeky:
Hugs to you Dee Jay! It was so great to see you again! You have a patient CB that puts up with all of us!

Please post a picture here on this thread of the ring you won! Then you can also do a SMTB thread! Need pics here, tooooo!
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,733
WOW what a photo!

I had hoped that it would be over Memorial Day weekend this year because if it had been DH and I were going to go. But since it was the weekend afterwards it blew our plans.
 

ZestfullyBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
1,976
That hand shot of the blingy beauties is glorious!!!! I love that OVAL OPAL HALO!!! My beloved birthstone. Gorgeous!! :love:

Congrats to all of the door prize winners!!! :clap: :appl:

Hopefully, 2017 may be my year to participate!!!! DH and I have not been to Las Vegas yet. Meeting my PS buddies would be a bonus!!
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
21,683
Congrats to all the lucky winners! :dance:

Sounds like a good time for all...maybe some day I'll make it!
 

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
4,098
I'm glad everyone had a good time! Love the (annual) photo of all the rings on Madelise's hand!

I was in Vegas this past weekend (celebrating DH's birthday) and had even RSVP'd for the PS GTG, but since I'd never met any PSer IRL and I am both an introvert and socially awkward, I knew I'd only be comfortable at the Sat night event if I was able to join in on one or more of the smaller get-togethers that happen in Vegas the day before/day of and have the opportunity to put face to name to at least a few people so I wouldn't walk in on Sat night not knowing one single person.

In past years, there's usually a PS thread in Hangout with a running list of attendees and posts about when people are arriving, possible get-togthers, etc. [albeit with real plans being made off-site and email addresses often communicated via LT or PS admin], but this year I found no thread anywhere on PS discussing any side Vegas events.

I may be wrong, but I think this year all that kind of talking/planning about side events in Vegas was on the private PS group page on FaceBook. I'm not a part of that private group, or FB for that matter.

Despite a mild disappointment I was not able to make any PS connections IRL this trip, DH and I did have a fabulous time in Vegas.

And, while in Mandalay Bay visiting the Sea Monster/Shark Reef exhibit, I was able to circle around a JCK booth featuring gorgeous Pearls, some in amazing settings with rubies! I also saw one woman exiting a JCK event wearing an elaborate white headdress which looked woven/knit with pearls - sooo gorgeous - DH and I had fun discussing where something like that would be worn IRL (Opening Night at the Opera? a major Gala?).

The other JCK booths that were open to the public were shipping/insurance/laboratory vendors, so nothing really to see there.
 

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
9,542
Congrats to all the lucky winners, as per usual this year's group ring pic doesn't disappoint!!! :sun: :sun: :sun: :clap: :clap: :clap:
 

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
7,026
DeeJay, Are you kidding???? Of course we want to see a thread on your new ring!!!

Congrats to all the lucky winners!
 

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
3,903
Beautiful bling everyone and congratulations to the winners.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,633
Okay, since pictures are slow to come, I am copying a few over here:

Resonance of Life's beautiful Whiteflash Simon G diamond hoops...

rolwfsghoops.jpeg
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Handmade diamond studs
    Handmade diamond studs
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.

New posts

Top