shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Fashionistas, please advise

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be wearing one of these dresses, not sure which yet, to a family event. I have an urge to wear patterned hose, which is strange for me because I don't usually like wearing them. Would subtly patterned black tights/hose be too much with either dress? What about patterned nudes? Shoes and evening bag are silver.

My legs are ghost white with a touch of varicose veins. I want to minimize the icky with minimum effort.

LBD shiny.png LBD silver sleeves.png shoes.png

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love dress number one. While I personally don't care for patterned hose, I think a sheer black with black swirls or an organic design would complement the dress nicely

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
For what its worth, I vote no- enough going on with both dresses that I'd go plain.

I think a pattern would compete and make the outfit too busy. And personally, I think a black dress against your legs, black tights and silver shoes might look strange. IMO, if you want the silver shoes (very cool, by the way), you should go with a nude leg, but with black hose, you might want to consider black shoes.

Hope it's a fun event!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both lovely dresses! But think patterned hose would be too much with either dress, since both have motifs of their own going on - as do the shoes.

But I love those floral patterned tights, and would definitely be looking for an excuse to wear them!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I'd do an off-white hose with the first dress - perhaps a pattern; there is a little clash of everything patterned, but it can be faintly daring & fun (Noten), or just work.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks peeps. My gut was telling me nude hose with the silver shoes was the best option.

Has anyone used leg makeup and if so, what's a good brand? Does it rub off onto clothes and furniture?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love a nude fishnet for several reasons: less slippage from footwear/heels, adds depth and texture to otherwise blah white skin, provides a healthy amount of camouflage to blemishes and/or veins.

I love the first dress posted! If you’re gonna do that silver shoe, then no patterned dark hose. If you’d be willing to do a simple sandal like the model is wearing, You could definitely get away with suuuuuper subtlety patterned dark hosiery. I’m feeling like there’s a tiny leopard or cheetah print out there in black/charcoal. Otherwise a tiny floral pattern in those tones. Buck conformity, break the rules. You’re hot, do what you want!

ETA just saw a local blogger post those shoes in a flat version for a diner en blanc last weekend. I like them in the heeled version!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both dresses are beautiful! Best to keep legs nude as you have already decided. Hempz products are great. They have a tanning moisturizer that is wonderful. Not sure if it will give you enough color for your legs though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I agree with super sheer. I am trying to think which brand had a very fine hose with a slight silver sheer. Filodoro? But gotta be careful putting then on....use cloth gloves and don't pull or you'll rip them!

cheers--Sharon

Reactions: AV_

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks peeps. My gut was telling me nude hose with the silver shoes was the best option.

Has anyone used leg makeup and if so, what's a good brand? Does it rub off onto clothes and furniture?

I have never used it, but have always wanted to! This is the brand I see most often at local pharmacies. Airbrush.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vita Liberata Skin Perfecting Illuminiser in Latte Light:http://goo.gl/UIpp8

Apparently this is amazing stuff - sort of like the one above but in a cream - has blurring properties.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It all rubs off and transfers onto things including undergarments, sheets, everything. There are some tricks and tips to minimize transfer but anything you're spraying onto or applying to your skin is undoubtedly going to come off, and woe is the object of its affection. Maybe do like a "toast" i.e. darker nude hose and pile on the bronzer so your face is closer to the tone of your legs?

See, this is part of the reason I am all for a dark patterned leg. Doesn't Wacoal or someone have anything to fit this niche? Because I'm sure this isn't the first time this question has been posed.

Q

Queenie60

I have never used it, but have always wanted to! This is the brand I see most often at local pharmacies. Airbrush.jpg
I use this however - my trick is to spray a little on your leg, rub in with lotion on your hands. Works quite well.

Q

Queenie60

I vote for plain, sheer black hose. There's already a lot going on with dress and shoes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to pile on but yes simple is best with those dresses as others have mentioned. Enough is going on with the pattern in the dress and sheer (nude) stockings will complement it best. And nude shoes or the silver shoes (which are lovely) to match the stockings. If you want to wear sheer black stockings then you can wear black shoes.

Though I am one to say who cares about my veins and just go bare on the legs if that is most comfortable. But that's me and we are talking about what is most comfortable for you. The key is to be comfortable and then you will rock whatever you are wearing.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are too beautiful Matata, to worry about the veins on your legs. You have so much else going on no one will even glance at them.
I think either of those dresses will look beautiful with sheer black hose, and black shoes or nude with the silver. You will look gorgeous either way.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should distract people with bling and keep their eyes up where they belong!

Dermablend is probably the most transfer resistant makeup that is designed to cover tattoos and birth marks and the like, but I would test it out before the big day. Fake tanning apparently also helps to disguise them.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the first dress.
No to black panty hose with silver shoes.
No to any spray on tanners etc (they are difficult to apply nicely, can result in a strange colour and do rub off onto things)
Yes to a nude hose or even a pale grey hose.
A big Yes to a “shimmer hose” this is much better than patterned hose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results