shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing without a Ring(!)

Blacket

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone - I am planning to propose to my girlfriend in the next few weeks but have decided to choose a ring together after the proposal (assuming she says yes!). Does anyone have any clever ideas for what to substitute for a ring during my proposal? (if anything?) I've heard of lolly rings, etc. but I'm not so keen. Open to suggestions! :twirl:

Abbys_Mommy

Rough_Rock
Do you two like to do anything? Like fishing? Maybe a cute idea if you both like that would be to tie a fishing knot and use a high lb. test line so it goes into a shape of a circle and put that in the box. Might be cute. My husband and I both like fishing lol

Give me some ideas of what you two like to do together as a hobby

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blacket, Usually I dont care for the idea of a proposal with no ring but I love that you are trying to totally suprise her! And I am in the camp that if you are investing that kind of money into something she will wear forever, you need her input! :appl:

What about a pretty necklace or a birthstone ring? Just something that she will have as a token but nothing that will break the bank?

I really like the idea of fishing line too. There was a guy on here a while ago that carved a ring from wood for his lady. I know a guy who proposed with a ring pop and it was really cute.

avsmusic1

Rough_Rock
Does she have a charm bracelet?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a plain band? She doesn't have to use it as her WB. Many of us ladies have plain bands to wear for vacations or when we're in seedy areas. A 10K or 14K band can be a good thing for her to slip on, for you to go on one knee and present in a ring box, and for her to still utilize forever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results