shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing tomorrow and full of nerves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vuster

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I''m seeing my gf''s father today to ask for permission to marry my gf. I plan to propose tomorrow. Ever since I bought the engagement ring last week I have been full of nerves. I''ve had a sunken feeling in my chest and a million thoughts have been going through my head. It''s such a scarey thought that ''this is it''.
No more turning back. Although I could cancel the proposal still so the adrenaline is pumping. Is it natural for people to feel like this? Has anyone had the same feeling as me and did it all work out fine? I''ve been with my gf for 5.5 years.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck to you tomorrow!!! Just take a deep breath and maybe a glass or two of wine wouldn''t hurt...you decided on this moment for a reason...go with that gut feeling and remember why you decided to propose to her in the first place!!!

Can''t wait to hear how it turns out!!! We want pix when she says YEEEESSSS!!

vuster

Rough_Rock
Just got back from my lunch break. Went to see her father and asked him for approval. It all went fine. No turning back now!
I'll take some photos of her after I give her the tiffany ring. She will have sore eyes from crying. I've given her the impression that I am not wasting my money on tiffany's.
It's actually her birthday tomorrow and I told her that we will be going to Tiffany's on Saturday to buy her a small piece of jewelery for her 27th birthday present since she loves tiffany so much and seeing that she thinks I won't get the engagement ring from there. What a surprise it'll be when she finds out that we're going there to get her ring resized. :) She's really looking forward to going to the store and she has been spending time on the tiffany web site searching for an item. A friend of mine needed to buy a present for his gf as well and I suggested Tiffany. My gf was not pleased at all when I told her as she is good friends with my friends gf. Bit like 2 girls wearing the same dress on the same night. The other day she cried because she was worried I wouldn't marry her. I was just smiling because I knew that it was only a couple days away.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, sounds like you have a really gret surprise for her planned! I''m sure she is going to be thrilled.

And btw, it is definitely natural to be nervous!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful surprise! She''s going to be elated! Good luck & don''t worry too much. (though icekid''s right--it''s natural to be nervous.)

Please remember to show us pictures after you pop the question!
9.gif
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

vuster !!

TODAY IS THE DAY !!! A leap into the unknown ! woo-hooo for you !

I hope it went brilliantly - can''t wait to hear the story and see pics.

always remember this mantra I use often

" Fear - the only way out, is through "

is it too early to say CONGRATULATIONS ?!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck to you today!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, when my Hubby asked me to marry him I was so happy but I also felt so sick with nerves at the same time!
14.gif
I think it is fairly normal, it is the biggest decision you will ever make so it is natural to be a little nervous - it''s all part of it. Don''t feel bad for the nerves, you should be more concerned if you didn''t feel a bit scared! Try to relax a bit - it will come when she says yes and the joy will kick the nerves to the kerb! Many of us have been there and we are now happy old married couples - good luck and congrats in advance - you will be fine and survive it I promise!
35.gif
Try to think of what you will be gaining in being part of an official couple with the girl you love!
16.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Good Luck Vuster! Give us FULL details !!
1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! Good luck today!

Definitely fill us in on how things went, when you get the chance!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh best of luck. I hope all goes well for you.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So very exciting. Looking forward to all the details! Congrats!

vuster

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your support. It's always good to be reassured that everything is going to be alright.

I tried to take a picture of the ring last night using a compact digital camera but it doesn't focus enough. Wish I still had my digital slr.
I think I'm getting a bit less nervous now. It's coming to the point where I have to accept that this is my future. I hope I'm not talking too soon as there's still 11 hours to go. Last night I didn't worry about my decision like I did on previous nights, however I couldn't sleep because I was thinking more about family and the decisions that I will make after we get engaged. i.e. Buying house together etc.

I've written a poem for tonight which I plan to read out to her after dinner. Here it is:

For your birthday I have taken time,
To write you this,
little poem of mine.
You've made me smile, and you've made me cry,
You're the best and these are why:
You're loyal, you're sweet, you're willing,
you're thoughtful, you're chirpy, you're true,
and best of all you're the only one for Vu.
It's been nearly 6 years of ups and downs,
but rest assured I will be there forever more.
I hope you enjoyed this little poem of mine.
But now you know,
that this is your gift,
I will have to confess that I have told you a lie.
Because I am not buying something from Tiffan(I)
By now your smile has turned to frown,
But don't frown dear because I want you to know,
That even though my actions never show, Please know that I will always love you.
I hope that I have eased your mind,
because we've got a future to look for and there's no place for doubt.
So let's just be happy and not look back.
With your fathers blessing I have one last thing,
and that is this:
(takes out blue box and goes on bended knee)
Sumay will you Marry me.

I'll be capturing the proposal on my little compact digital camera
9.gif

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet idea! She''s going to be elated (tonight!) to get her ring sized after the proposal. Post pics!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet, sweet poem! I am sure she will be touched by all the thought and effort, very romantic!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I just saw this thread! I can''t wait to hear how it went!

Kaffy

Rough_Rock
Well it''s FINALLY happened...and 2 hrs later..i''m still reeling. Actually, i''m in a daze..doesn''t feel like it''s happened but i know it has....hard to describe!!!
19.gif

We started off having dinner at Mecca at Southbank, it was really nice...and i really had no idea...well, i sorta have been thinking..wonder if he will tonight, but u just never know for sure i guess! After dinner, we walked across to Crown for a bit...and walked along the Yarra. The whole night he was trying to get some nice photos taken but it was too dark for the camera. Little did i know, he was actually trying to find a good spot where he could capture the proposal on camera! After placing a few bets at Crown (he was rushing me cos he was supposedly ''tired''...hehehe), we went back to the car and i was expecting him to drive me home. The sneaky thing started doing some weird turns...and before i knew it, we were at St Kilda beach, and even then, i thought he was just surprising me and bringing me to the pier for a romantic stroll (cos i always pester him to take me but he''s always too lazy!).

Anyways, we ended up driving down to Brighton pier cos it was more secluded there. Went out for a walk..and took some pics....and wouldn''t you believe it...he set the camera to take an automatic pic of us but then i realised it was on video! He pulled out a sheet of paper and that''s when i thought ''uh oh.....NOOOOOOOO.....is this it!!!!!!!'' My heart started pounding...and then he began reading the words from his beautiful poem. I couldn''t believe it!!!!!!! It was really happening....i could hardly take in the words of the poem cos my mind was just reeling with a million thoughts..and before i knew it, he pulled out.....ta..dah ----- a Tiffany box..hehehhee..i was estatic..and of course i said YES!
36.gif

I''ve been waiting for this for so long and now that it''s happened...i cannot believe it...it will take a while to sink in i think!!!
30.gif

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS to the happy couple! Thanks for the pics!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, I am so glad the proposal went perfectly! You guys are adorable together. Your ring looks beautiful... feel free to post more pictures of it
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! That was a very sweet poem and good job thinking ahead to capture the proposal with pictures! What about a hand shot??
1.gif
Thanks for coming back to share your story with us!

Very best to the both of you!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your lady looks radiant, as do you!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was such a sweet poem. Doesn''t it melt your heart knowing he put so much thought into it?
1.gif

The ring looks perfect. Feel free to post more pics, and hand shots!!

clapping emoticon2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
VUSTER AND SUMAY !!
HOORAH !!!! HOOORAH !!!!

JUST HAD TO WRITE TODAY TO SAY .........
CONGRATULATIONS ! WOO-HOO ! HOORAH !!

you two have just made the start to my weekend just perfect ! I don''t even know either of you but I''m totally thrilled to bits for you both!
WELL DONE Vuster !!! You two look so happy and really good together and the ring is fabulous !!

Enjoy every minute ....... congrats again!
C

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
C
ONGRATULATIONS!!
emotion-19.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwww!!!!!! You two are ADORABLE!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!
emlove.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaffy

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/2/2005 3:07:28 PM
Author: Milly
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was such a sweet poem. Doesn''t it melt your heart knowing he put so much thought into it?
1.gif

The ring looks perfect. Feel free to post more pics, and hand shots!!
Yes now tat i''ve had a bit of time to settle down...(I couldn''t sleep last nite!!!) i''m slowly realising the effort and thought put into this. And it all turned out perfectly and so smoothly...i''m impressed! And i''m soooo glad he taped it cos the moment is now captured forever!!! Good thing cos i can hardly remember it cos it was such a shock i just remember a big daze now...hehe.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results