shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing on stage at a concert?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

J S Machine

Rough_Rock
I had this idea to propose on stage at a concert that me and my GF are going to in the next couple of weeks. I have contacted the radio station and tried a couple of other avenues as far as finding out how, but I have had no luck. My local radio station said that they would forward my request to the entertainer's tour manager and a representative for the record label yesterday. I got an email back from my radio station this morning saying that they were 99% sure that it wouldn't happen
7.gif
. I don't know if he was speaking in terms of having heard back from them, or if he was just making an assumption. I am not sure if it will, but I sure wish there was someone that I could talk to directly about it without having to go through other people. I just want a firm yes or no. I mean its not a big deal if I can't do it, but I need to know for sure so I can make other plans.

Has anyone ever heard of this being done? If so how was it done and who did you have to go through to do it? Or if it wasn't you, do you happen to know how it was done? If you have ever seen it done, I would like to hear about that to!
9.gif

Thanks yall.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
My opinion is...it isn't pretty....hope you can handle it...

You are asking a whole lot of people to jump through hoops and rearrange their scheduling. The time you need on stage will interfere with the performers schedule.

There is a security issue. Also an insurance issue for you to be on stage. All together odds are is is too much work for them to put together. Also how do they know how long you plan on taking...how long will it take you to coax her up on stage...(you would need a buffalo to pull me up there!) And keep in mind, in today's world, there are a lot of people trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. You could be some nutt pushing a political agenda or social cause...or to draw attention to the fact the band is not operating green with all the bus and transportation fuel costs. It happens often.

Why would they want to take a chance or risk for some one that only paid the price of admission?

Is there anyway you will let the board help you come up with another plan? There are several other venues and locations and times that you can utilize without the involvement of the CIA...FBI...or Wendy's staff. Would be glad to help! But I think you should consider this idea nixed and move on!

You OK? Wilted? No need to sugar coat my view...but I can offer you some cookies to make you feel better! §

J S Machine

Rough_Rock
Oh its ok. I understand your view on it. I had thought about one thing, and that is- the majority of the crowd wouldn''t mind, but that there may be a few people who looked at it on terms of "i payed to see *****, not to see some guy propose"...

I did not however think of all the other things you mentioned. I see it more clearly now. Thank you.

I wrote the complex and asked them about it, and they said that they were unable to fulfill my request. I had asked if they would just run a screen on one of the big monitors and they said no to that to. they said that the event was on a timetable and they will not be able to do things like this.

I am kind of upset, but I will get over it. I want to do something that will completely impress her and shock her, and I just can''t think of anything, nor have I read any other examples of anything that caught my eye. Up until now I was really leaning on the concert thing, but that''s ok.

It just kind of snaps me into reality you know. I guess I thought that the majority of the public would embrace this kind of thing, but I am now seeing that nonbody really thinks two people getting engaged is a big deal. that kind of hurt my feelings. Any ideas?

QOTDR

Rough_Rock
I hope she isn''t the shy retiring type. That kind of proposal would have me running to the exit as fast as I could- LOL. I''m sure folks here can help you come up with a nice alternative.

J S Machine

Rough_Rock
Well I wouldn''t really call her the shy type. I can probably bet that she would just stand there with her mouth open. lol
9.gif

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 3:30:46 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
My opinion is...it isn''t pretty....hope you can handle it...

You are asking a whole lot of people to jump through hoops and rearrange their scheduling. The time you need on stage will interfere with the performers schedule.
My BF is a working musician, and I can second this. His band has opened for a lot of high-profile acts (Skynyrd, The Allmans, etc), and they are bound to get set up, do their thing and get offstage ASAP so the main act can go on. A lot of bigger venue security people are paid by the hour and unionized, so they do everything by the clock. Lots of times, my BF and the guys have had their sets cut short by a song or two, just to keep the schedule. And the guys usually don''t even have enough of time to go to the bathroom or get something to eat before they play. Having said that....

My BF''s band is popular with biker types, and he''s helped biker dudes at rallies and bike shows and fairs propose to their GFs during shows. He has a cute way of making an announcement and working it into the set by doing a song and changing the words a little to fit the couple. But then again, this is in a smaller setting, as compared to an arena show. Your problem is not your idea but the setting. Having said that, why not pick a smaller local club and do the same thing? A club is a more intimate venue and you''d have less trouble pulling this off than at a big show. My BF''s band will either get a heads up from the guy, the club manager or by an e-mail sent to the band website before the show.

I don''t know where you live, but in a lot of larger cities, there are piano bars/dinner cabarets where you could make a whole evening out of it as opposed to a 5 minute splash in the middle of a big show. I have also heard about stage productions helping out with this (off-Broadway shows, traveling cast of Blue Men, etc).

Bridget in Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results