shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in less then 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsp04

Rough_Rock
Hello, this is my first time posting so I''ll give some background.

I am 23, systems analyst living with my girl friend of over 4 years. She is an extremely intelligent and beautiful financial underwriter and I can''t wait to ask her to marry me.

I have a plan but need to fine-tune it. She will be away for the weekend, and I plan on popping the question when she returns that Sunday. She is big on romance, so I really want to go all out. I refuse to do it in a public place or in front of family. I believe this is personal, just between her and I. We live in a loft apartment with high cathedral ceilings and I plan to use them. I want to transform the living room into a beautiful love den. I am going to drape white sheets (I think sheets) from the walls and ceiling, making a tent like atmosphere. Candles will light inside and rose pedals will cover the ground. I don''t have anything else yet, but it will come.

My question is what to use, white sheets or long white fabric from a place like Linen and Things? Any suggestions would be great. I also have to decide whether we would be going out to dinner afterwards or I will make dinner.

Thanks for the help
9.gif

dsp04

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?
confused.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

What an exciting time for you! Instead of sheets, I'd suggest some sort of sheer fabric. Maybe like sheer curtain panels or tulle from a fabric store.

If you're going to propose at home, it would be nice if you had dinner prepared at home with all of her favorite things. Or at least things you know she likes. Also, you may want to do a google search on proposal ideas and I bet you will get some great ideas. Good luck!

dsp04

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to shop around tomorrow, too much snow on the ground today.
8.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... I would probably tell in a second that those are laundry. Well, you don't have to please ME, but romantic display is a personal thing, so the more complicated you get the more likely is to get it wrong. Flowers rarely go all that wrong: so why not drench the place in them (after all, those props would not have to be taken down the next day). Another PS posts tells a nice story about the ring being "hidden in plain sight" for the lady to find among flowers. If your girl does not read PS, she will surely be surprised... and you will have the right atmosphere to start with.

Everyone knows red roses, but you surely know what is HER flower, right ? If you dine out, maybe use a significant place and if you dinig room is one, than why not. I know this is one great moment to use creativity, but after all, the central question is what you know she likes and what you like in that range... What can I say, you have exactly the right attitude most women I know would dream about, and this is after all the best thing, forget the props !

dsp04

Rough_Rock
valeria,

Thanks for the suggestions. I am def-ly going to use the fabric still, I know she'll love it, she has always said she wants our wedding reception to be outside under a huge beautiful white tent. I won't make a "tent" in the room, but drape the fabric around, it will look great when I am done.

Her flower is the rose, there is no doubt about that...so I am going to cover the floor with rose pedals. There will be a table in the middle of the floor with a bootle of wine and two glass, and I will be there with a single rose and the ring. I will then say what I have to say (which I have no clue yet,
1.gif
) then give her the ring. I know for sure she is going to be blown away, she is not excepting this at all. Our song playing in the background, it's going to be great.

Sunday is still the big day, can't wait!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Good luck to you! Let us know how it turns out and be sure to post pictures of the ring on her hand.

dsp04

Rough_Rock
Have the ring, it's gorgeous! I can't post a pic b/c I don't have a digi cam at work and the one on my cell phone is not great. I am so tempted to do it before Sunday, but I'll have to have a whole other plan.

This is going to be so hard to keep secret until then!

dsp04

Rough_Rock
Well, did, I am engaged. Couldn't wait. It happened, she loves the ring, loved how I did it (suprised her at work).

Can't wait to start planning.

suchairman

Rough_Rock
Congrats dsp04!

So, you couldn't wait huh?
9.gif
So how did u do it at her job and what was her reaction?

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Tell us all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results