shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing as we set sail

tank

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I've been visiting PriceScope almost every day for weeks now. It's been a great source of information and seems like a friendly community so I thought I would sign up and join in.

I'd like to run my proposal idea past you all..

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up in about 6 weeks and I'm thinking of booking us on a short 3 night cruise out of Sydney as a surprise.
We've been on a cruise together already - on the same ship in fact - so it will have sentimental value.

I will book a balcony cabin (previously we stayed in an "inside" cabin with no window) and I plan to arrange for a bottle of champagne to be waiting for us when we arrive.

As the ship sets sail I'll suggest that we take our bottle of bubbly out onto the balcony and as we sail past the Opera House I'll pop the question.

I've already emailed her boss to arrange for a day off, so now all I have to do is book the cruise and find the ring!

I figured that we'll still be close enough to land for her to call her family etc..

I would love to hear what you think. Have I overlooked anything obvious that could go wrong?

Thanks!

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
I've never been on a cruise, so I could be way off base here, but do you know for sure that you will be on the side facing the Opera House? Also, this may just be me, but I don't know that I could have found a ring in six weeks. Have you already started looking?

tank

Rough_Rock
That's a very good point and thanks for pointing it out. I hadn't really thought about that!
Fortunately the cabin I'm interested in is on the starboard side and will be facing the opera house as we cruise by.

Six weeks doesn't seem like long to find the ring, but I've been researching quite a bit over the past few weeks and I think I know what I want. PriceScope has been invaluable!

Thanks

tank

Rough_Rock
I booked the cruise today!
Balcony cabin on the starboard side. Cost a bit but will be absolutely worth every cent.
Can't wait!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results