shape
carat
color
clarity

Propose to him!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MisterG

Rough_Rock
I''m not a lady in waiting... I''m a man getting ready to propose (please don''t take your frustration out on me!)...

But my girlfriend and I stumbled on this new contest and found it interesting (she found it and sent it to me as a joke... I think she must be expecting the proposal soon!)

http://www.onewed.com/blog/savvy-scoop/2009/06/17/pop-platinum-proposal

If you ladies decide you''re tired of waiting and want to pop the question yourself, check out the contest and maybe you could win your own platinum engagement rings.

It seems to be a new trend now, especially in Hollywood. How you do feel about doing it yourself?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
How you do feel about doing it yourself?
It''s not for me. And I think the reason why proposing to your guy doesn''t always work is because:

you''re tired of waiting
That is never a good reason to propose and I think what happens in a lot (not all but most) of the cases of women proposing to men is that it comes from the "I''m tired of waiting and he''ll never ask me" place rather than something they truly want to do.

But hey...free rings is always awesome
9.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
How would that work? Would the girl propose with a ring for him, and not get a ring? Or wait and get her ring later? Or would she propose to him and give herself a ring?? Doesn''t seem right!
25.gif
maybe I''m too old fashioned though.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I would never do it. Cal me old fashioned, but in all of my dreams about my BF proposing, none of them every included me getting down on one knee and proposing to him. Something not right about that....

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
NEVER!!!!!
32.gif
I am an old school kinda girl and I want down on one knee, open that ring box and the whole shmabang!!!!!! I just can''t imagine proposing to my BF, I think he would look at me like I was crazy!
26.gif
Plus the whole thing would feel unnatural to me.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t propose to him, not even for free bling.

He''d be flattered but I don''t think he''d like it. He is such a hopless romantic and I think he''s really looking forward to doing it all himself.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would, under the right circumstances.

I''m traditional...and I wouldn''t change the fact that my DH purposed to me. But, if for some reason he couldn''t (which is different than wouldn''t) I may take the option and run with it.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend is crazy, so he''d love it! It would take the pressure of the proposal off of him, lol. It would also be endless bragging rights for him about how he was so amazing, that I couldn''t even wait for him to propose first, lol.
20.gif
I love the idea of proposing, it seems so romantic and exciting (I LOVE giving gifts!!!), so I am planning a reciprocal proposal, maybe a week or two after he proposes... and I couldn''t be more ecstatic about it!

I would propose to any other boyfriend I had, but not this one. If after 6 years you don''t have the balls to ask me, then eventually, I''mma just don my walking shoes!
35.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It wouldn''t work in my relationship. It''s not that I''m traditional (though I am), it''s just that the dynamic between us would keep it from feeling natural.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
I also love giving gifts, and too plan on doing a reciprocal proposal, but there is no way I could take this from my FF. We''ve talked about it before, and I asked how he would feel if I did ask him (I almost did, once, when drunk
3.gif
) and he said he''d say yes, but he would still want to ask me for it to be official. So I''ll do the return proposal afterward, so we both are happy.

I think, though, the time I''m going to surprise him the most is when we''re trying to have children and I tell him I''m pregnant. I''m going as all out as most men would go with a crazy proposal-- and I can''t wait!!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 7:11:22 PM
Author: 4ever
I couldn''t propose to him, not even for free bling.

He''d be flattered but I don''t think he''d like it. He is such a hopless romantic and I think he''s really looking forward to doing it all himself.
Ditto.

I think he''d be hurt if I took the opportunity away from him...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I sent the link to SO, and he was really confused. He said, ''What is this? Are you going to propose to me?'' I said, ''Of course not...'', and he got really sad.
7.gif

LOL, that''s how we feel too, buddy! Don''t keep us waitin''!
3.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
He got really sad?? Aww! Hahaha, but I suppose there''s a little taste of their own medicine, huh?
3.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Wait do you actually have to propose to your guy or just a story of HOW you would do it? I''ll totally send in a how I would do it to try to get those gorgeous rings!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on the guy. My husband is shy. Though probably I''m the only one who knows this!! We wouldn''t have dated if I tell him I liked him first.
I didn''t exactly propose, but I told him I wnated to marry him. We weren''t living together as is the style nowadays and that was something we would never have done, and I don''t think he would have been sure that I would actually say yes IF he proposed, if I hadn''t given him this enormous hint first.

I have to be truthful, when I first said I wnated to marry him, he said, No! Because it wasn''t the time yet. We were still in school and very young. But later, when the time was right, then he asked my father for ''my hand'' (I might have proposed, but we''re both very traditional) and then we got engaged after that.

It was seven years after we started dating.

I repeat, I would never have got a proposal from this particular man (the love of my life since I was 18) if I hadn''t spoken up first.

And I have to say, having been the one who spoke up and was told ''no'', I have a lot of sympathy for guys , it''s hard to be the ''asker'', you put yourself on the line, it doesn''t feel good to be told ''no'' (as has happened a few times here on Pricescope, after the guy bought the ring and everything, sometimes non-returnable).

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
i would *never.* if he''s not ready, i am not going to put him on the spot like that.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 3:19:22 PM
Author: lilmissrugger
He got really sad?? Aww! Hahaha, but I suppose there''s a little taste of their own medicine, huh?
3.gif
Exactly!

But, I makes me REALLY excited to propose! Aw, I can''t wait!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 7:05:41 PM
Author: Bjedifish
NEVER!!!!!
32.gif
I am an old school kinda girl and I want down on one knee, open that ring box and the whole shmabang!!!!!! I just can''t imagine proposing to my BF, I think he would look at me like I was crazy!
26.gif
Plus the whole thing would feel unnatural to me.
Ditto to everything Bjedfish just said!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Nah. The insecure part of me wouldn''t be able to deal with wondering for the rest of my life if he really wanted to marry me, or just said yes to be polite.
2.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I already did it once....NEVER AGAIN!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 12:05:03 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
I already did it once....NEVER AGAIN!
aw, you make it sound like it was horrible!
7.gif
I know it didn't work out, but do you think it was because you proposed and he wasn't ready?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 7:35:08 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I would, under the right circumstances.

I''m traditional...and I wouldn''t change the fact that my DH purposed to me. But, if for some reason he couldn''t (which is different than wouldn''t) I may take the option and run with it.
+1

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''m not planning on it, but I don''t see why not!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results