shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal - what can i say? need help with proposal speech

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blab13692468

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I have the ring, I have the location. Now all I need are the words that come out of my mouth. I have never been one to say romantic mushy things, so I would like to go the extra mile to do so when I propose. Canyou guys give me something nice to say? I need some nice words, preferably short, that will gaurantee a tear from her eye. So what are some nice things to say before, "will you marry me?"?

Also...are there any speeches to explain what the ring/diamond may mean to mean? Sort of in the lines like, "this ring is a platinum setting. platinum is considered a rare metal, much like a rare genuine love we have between us.." etc. or this diamond is...blah blah blah.. any help on this?

Thank you all!

FLGirl66

Rough_Rock
Blab:

All you need to do is....Is get down on your knees in front of "everyone", "you" both love & ask her to marry you, otherwise, if you can't do that......than it probably than don't;

Then, if more suitable, get down on your knees and ask her to marry you in a crowd of strangers, you "two" have to "make" it work together, does not really matter about anyone else....does it; well, not sure if there are kids involved, if there are, tell them, that you love her very much and you want to marry her, no questions, life is short. God Bless you in your life/lives together. FLGIRL66
appl.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My honest suggestion: Don't try to be someone you aren't, and don't try to use someone else's words to ask her.

Just tell her from your heart how you feel about her and why you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Believe me......sincerity gets us women more weepy than any other thing. It doesn't really matter to us how you say it so much as the conviction with which you say it.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
blab, you don't want a canned speech--she will be able to tell and though she may never say anything, will probably be a little disappointed. On the other hand, if it's clearly from your heart and she's worth marrying, she won't care how ineloquent you are.

This is what I suggest you do. Sit down and think of all the reasons you want to marry her. Write them down. Review them and make sure you're comfortable saying them out loud, you mean them, and you think she'll enjoy hearing them.

Once you've settled on a list, do your best to memorize it, but if you're afraid of choking when the time comes, just pull out your list and read it. That will have far more effect that something artificial and contrived. Leave the flowery metaphor for the poets.

blab13692468

Rough_Rock
thanks for the responses. But I was afraid you guys were going to say that. I understand what you are trying to say, but I would still like some ideas of what to say..romantic stylez. It's not that I won't mean it...I totally love her, but i just want to express it is a nice way..so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you really want something flowery, then the thing to do is not just copy down what someone else tells you to say. You're going to have to do some legwork here.
9.gif
What you want is something that comes from you but (I assume) seems uncommonly eloquent.

Here's what I would do in your situation: If you want some inspiration for something romantic, go to the experts: Keats, Browning, Donne, and various other Romantic poets. Do some reading, and maybe some of it will rub off, so that you can start to see ways of saying things you mean in words that will impress her more. It's unfortunately not something that comes easy, but it will be worth the effort if you really want to give it a try.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Blab: You don't get it.

Let me ask you this: Why do you want to marry her?

blab13692468

Rough_Rock
hmm..ok.. i'm still not getting what I requested... I understand all of your points, but still would like some help. So any help is appreciated..thanks.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Tell you what. If you tell me six reasons you love her and want to marry her, I'll write you a beautiful poem. Would that help?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! I was going to do that!

Maybe we should have a contest.
9.gif
9.gif
12.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Quick! Somebody tell heyjud!

NewbieHere

Rough_Rock
Go to www.scottkay.com and click on the "for men only" pic. I think he does a good job of giving you some ideas.

Keep it simple and from the heart.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/22/2003 6
6.gif
6.gif
4 PM glitterata wrote:

Tell you what. If you tell me six reasons you love her and want to marry her, I'll write you a beautiful poem. Would that help?----------------

That's why I asked him, too.....so I could help him put it into the right words.....but Blab evidently doesn't want to contribute in any way. He just wants to be spoon-fed other people's words, so you'll have to develop it without him if you're going to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results