shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal timing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spyder720

Rough_Rock
So I am finally ready to propose to my girlfriend. After being together for 7.5 years, finally finishing school, and getting my career started, I am ready to move on. We have talked about this for years and I know she too is ready. My problem is this...

In about a month we are going to Hawaii. I was really planning on asking her while we were out there but now I''m thinking I''d like to ask her before we go. She loves Pescadero and I know that they are still getting pretty good weather. Should I take a nice weekend drive to Pescadero and ask her to marry me while we''re out there or should I wait and do it while we are in Hawaii?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am in the minority here....as everyone will tell you to get it over with so you can enjoy your time together as an engaged couple. Pish Posh. You are going to spend a lifetime together...what is a few days etc to wait for the perfect moment and location...bet there will be an avalanche of those in Hawaii.

I think being proposed to in Hawaii would really be something. And will be mentioned many times in your years together. So I vote for Hawaii unless of course you guys go there often like a common trip to Walmart.

I am not familiar with the other place you mentioned...just love the destination proposal.

DKS

there is the security of the ring to consider while traveling. Get that figured out...first.

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I agree with DKS...Hawaii. Just don''t do it on the last day there...lol. It would be amazing to be away at a wonderful exotic locale like that and have one of the most special times in you life (the proposal) coincide with it. Def. Hawaii!

spyder720

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input. I was really leaning towards doing it before our trip. The only reason I wanted to do it before was because I knew I could set something up really great out here. But after the words of encouragement from you all, I''m going to do it in Hawaii. Either way it will be really special. I just need to do alot of research about where the perfect place would be. We''re coming in on Friday so if I could plan a great, romantic evening that friday, I''m going to do it then. I was thinking finding a nice secluded cliff area before sunset, bringing some great wine and desserts, then ask her to be my wife. I know it sounds kinda cliche but that was just off the top of my head. When I come up with something else, i''ll post it up. Thanks Again!!!
1.gif

spyder720

Rough_Rock
By the way, after reading some proposals, I am making sure this is her "dream" proposal. It only happens once. At least for us it will.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Spidey man...I think off the top of your head sounds perfect! Go with what is natural and feels right for you. Don''t worry about any cliche thoughts. It is going to be magical...as you will be viewing magnificent scenery, you''ll be together...and it will all fall into place. I think if you do something low key, it may help keep your sanity. Don''t want you to be frantic and nervous about this detail or that detail. What is important is you, her, the bling, and the question. Everything else will fall into place.

The main thing is to figure out a plan for security at the airport...with the ring.

DKS

nursie

Rough_Rock
just wanted to chime in and agree with the other two posters--wait for Hawaii! That would definitely make a special moment that much more special.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results