shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal suggestions in Disneyland...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rinacom

Rough_Rock
I have an idea to propose to my gf at Disneyland, wanting to dress up as Mickey Mouse or one of the seven dwarfs for snow white, and propose to her in the outfit, not sure if this is going to fly, or if anyone has heard of such way to
propose? any comments would be entertained, thanks.

disneyland.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
UMMMM....that is something that honestly sounds a little bit weird to me, unless she is a HUGE disney fan (and maybe even then). But, there is this really romantic looking restaurant, it is sort of inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride; I think that spot would be a really nice place to propose. It has romantic lighting, and is kind of "set aside" from the rest of the park so you don''t get the crazy noise. I heard its difficult to get reservations though. Hopefully someone else on this board can chime in...

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I looked, it''s called the "Blue Bayou"

Here''s a quote from it''s wikipedia entry:

"Blue Bayou is a full-service New Orleans/Cajun-style restaurant renowned for its unusual ambiance. Restaurants are located at Disneyland in Anaheim, California, and Tokyo Disneyland, in Chiba, Japan.
Although seated in a large, enclosed structure, diners experience an illusion that mimics being located in an outdoor restaurant at nighttime. This effect is achieved through the use of a dark ceiling, special lighting, as well as sound and visual effects. Diners hear the chirping of crickets and croaking of frogs and they see the glow of fireflies. The most popular aspect of the restaurant is widely regarded as the one that does the most to enhance the atmosphere of it: the river that courses by it is the beginning portion of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. As the ride''s boats float by, they place diners and riders in view of each other."

muddydawg

Rough_Rock
Wait for the fireworks show and the song when u wish upon a star...tell her to close her eyes and make a wish...then take her hand get on your knee and ask her to marry you...the crowd will go wild
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I have to second Rockzilla here. Not too many women have dreamed about being proposed to by a Disney dwarf. EVEN if she is a huge Disney fan. I think dressing up in any costume is odd because it makes it like you are performing the proposal, instead of YOU asking HER. She'll be wanting to say yes to YOU, rather than the creature you're dressed up as.

You know her best, but if you aren't 100% sure she'd think this was cool, I would keep thinking!
35.gif

Good luck and have fun!

ETA: Another caution is asking her in front of 'the crowd'. Some girls don't mind a public proposal or even like it, but some would hate it, so make sure you know where she is on that one before you put her in a position where the crowd is going wild and her heart is sinking with embarassment. Your proposal is NOT a performance for the entertainment of others! But if it would thrill your girl, then go for it.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend had another suggestion (this one is also a bit out there, but not so much as the dwarf suggestion) that was to propose on the splash mountain ride. It would be a bit complicated, but you''d make some sort of "Will you Marry Me" sign and go on the ride together, with you sitting behind her. Then, as you go down the giant splash hill, you hold up the sign in the air so that the automatic camera catches it. Then, when you get down to the bottom, she''ll see the photo displayed with you holding the sign. This is when you''d pull out the ring on one knee.

Pros: slightly less cheesy (?) than the mickey mouse idea AND you''d have a photo to commomemorate it
Cons: Complicated, a lot could go wrong (the sign could get smudged; you drop it; she hates how she looks in the photo, it doesn''t take and you have to wait in line again...hehehe!)

This is kind of fun....

PS If you do decide on a disneyland proposal, make sure the ring is SECURE! You wouldn''t want it to fall out of your pocket on one of the rides.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 3:01:10 PM
Author: rockzilla
My boyfriend had another suggestion (this one is also a bit out there, but not so much as the dwarf suggestion) that was to propose on the splash mountain ride. It would be a bit complicated, but you''d make some sort of ''Will you Marry Me'' sign and go on the ride together, with you sitting behind her. Then, as you go down the giant splash hill, you hold up the sign in the air so that the automatic camera catches it. Then, when you get down to the bottom, she''ll see the photo displayed with you holding the sign. This is when you''d pull out the ring on one knee.

Pros: slightly less cheesy (?) than the mickey mouse idea AND you''d have a photo to commomemorate it

Cons: Complicated, a lot could go wrong (the sign could get smudged; you drop it; she hates how she looks in the photo, it doesn''t take and you have to wait in line again...hehehe!)

This is kind of fun....

PS If you do decide on a disneyland proposal, make sure the ring is SECURE! You wouldn''t want it to fall out of your pocket on one of the rides.

You can do this proposal and have a plastic ring with you to prevent it from getting lost.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m not sure the charcater proposal would even work logistically. are you sure that disney would even let you get into one of their character costumes?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i like the fireworks show idea best...its not cheesy and its really a cute way to propose...the character ideas are creepy. i''d want to see your face as you propose if i were your fiance.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I know that there''s aw ishing well there - you could always go to it and throw in pennies and make a wish, then propose!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results