shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal is coming this week and I keep having mini melt downs.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
WHY?! I KNOW it''s coming. Every day I feel calm, cool and collected about it all and to be honest rarely think about it during the day but come bed time each night I feel like a mess. There I will be brushing my teeth thinking yet another day passed and he seems cool as a cucumber and then I start thinking its not going to happen at all and then bam...a wave of emotions hit and I''m either mad as hell or weepy. Sigh...I''m not sure there is anything to tell me, I''m just talking out loud.

A

Anonymous

Oh hun I feel your pain! I remember the last week was NOT fun at night. During the day there''s so much to keep us busy. When night comes, you''re happy that one more day has gone by, but that''s when all of the silly little "what if''s" come rushing in. I actually had to take Benadryl to sleep pretty much every night, or erm...make sure I was worn out
31.gif
. If not, I couldn''t fall asleep to save my life because I felt so anxious.

I felt similarly to when I have been waiting to hear back about a job that I REALLY wanted (though not nearly as strongly, of course) and other events in my life that *I* couldn''t guarantee 100% would happen.

My only advice is to just try to keep it together...trust your BF (soon to be FI!), enjoy this week as much as you can (I wish I had done that myself!). Know that he wouldn''t put you through the absolute hell of telling you it''d happen this week, then back out. He''s bought the perfect ring for you, he''s planned the proposal and he loves you so much that he''s going to ask you to be his wife and spend the rest of your lives together...in just a few LONG (but short, I promise they''ll fly by, after the fact!) days.
36.gif

*hugs*

Hang in there, and can''t wait to hear all about it!
9.gif

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
Aww, I love how anxious you are! (even if you hate me for loving it...) I am not anywhere near that close for an engagement so take anything I say with a grain of salt, but I would say try your best to ENJOY the anxiousness. Enjoy the anticipation! Its almost like the rush of your first crush!! (Does he like me? will he ask me out?)

Think of your anxiousness as your butterflies that you felt the first time he kissed you or asked you out. It hopefully will make you associate the nervous energy as positive memories. Its an exciting time! Be happy that you are so lucky to have found your perfect man!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I know this doesn''t really help but, at least you know it''s coming soon!!

Try to hang in there and think about how much greater that moment will be with all this built up anticipation. Good luck!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this will make you feel better:

My boyfriend has had my Ering for close to 8 months now.

You have it good. Enjoy the anxiousness while it last's since (hopefully) this will be you first and last time ever feeling it..

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Go get a manicure and maybe a pedicure? You want pretty nails for the super awesome hand shots that you''re of course going to run straight home and post : P ... right?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies ladies! I have news I''M ENGAGED!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that you just posted this a couple hours ago and VIOLA! You''re Engaged!!!!

Thats too awesome!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Story of the proposal and pics, PLEASE!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll do a thread with a few pics tonight after we get back from dinner.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! What great news, congrats!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Yay! *happy dance*

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaay, congrats!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! You really see that coming...
30.gif

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
WOW, that didn't take too long! lol! Congrats!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Can''t wait for the story and pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results