shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Proposal in San Francisco - SPOILER she said yes :)

Deucer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Someone in the proposal forum told me that I should post this over here, so here goes. Sorry about the double post.

Searched for the right ring for a few months, reading around and refreshing the search engine constantly. I had planned on getting a solitaire setting and letting my girlfriend pick out the setting she wanted, but just as I was making my purchase, a setting jumped out at me as just the one I was looking for. Here's what I ended up with: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-pulled-the-trigger-on-a-1-63-xxx-i-si1-howd-i-do.184342/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-pulled-the-trigger-on-a-1-63-xxx-i-si1-howd-i-do.184342/[/URL]

I had prepped my GF a few weeks earlier by telling her that I wanted her to plan a birthday party for me on my birthday weekend. She had no idea that I was going to propose, and the birthday party was actually going to be an engagement party!

The day of the party, we had planned brunch and a hike in the morning. I took her to brunch at the restaurant we were at when she realized that she loved me for the first time. After brunch we drove out to the cliff house and hiked the Land's End trail. We had a great time walking and talking, and the whole time I was reminiscing about our relationship together. I kept things focused on my birthday, and telling her that was why I wanted to talk about the last few years. We ended up running through all the great things that have happened over the course of our 3+ year relationship.

At the end of the trail, out by Sea Cliff, there is a gazebo and a park bench with an amazing view of the Golden Gate bridge. We sat down on the bench and I told her something that I'd been keeping from her... that my Dad proposed to my Mom at that same spot 37 years earlier. :bigsmile:

At that point she figured things out. I pulled out the box, and opened it. But the ring in it wasn't the ring linked above. My Dad proposed to my Mom with his grandmother's ring, which has since been passed down to me. I asked my girlfriend to marry me with my great grandmother's ring, and she said yes!

My great -grandmother's ring (linked below) is pretty, but very old fashioned. The stones are the colors of the Italian flag... on purpose. I told my girlfriend that while the ring I proposed with was special, I didn't think she'd want to wear it around, and I whipped out the "real" engagement ring. She was pretty blown away at that point.

I then went and grabbed a bottle of her favorite sparkling wine and two glasses that I'd stashed in some bushes earlier in the morning, and we sat on the bench looking at the bridge and laughing for a while. We were and are amazingly happy. We had a party to celebrate later that evening, with all our friends and family. It was amazing.

Thanks for all the help, and good luck to all the guys on here looking for advice.

Here's a picture of both rings and one of the two of us together:

photo__2__4.jpg

538288_10101647025858803_1715055868_n.jpg

19789_10101647029047413_1019600245_n.jpg [/quote]

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring! Congratulations! :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Congratulations...beautiful ring and proposal!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet and completely perfect story!! Congratulations! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great story and great ring!

That photo of you two is priceless. You look very pleased with yourself (as you should) and she looks ecstatic (as she should)! Perfect!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing like a happy face to show off a beautiful ring to perfection. I love the way the right setting jumped out at you, at the last minute.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
awesome story!! congratulations :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yay!!!! Thanks for not leaving me in suspense and letting me know she said yes in the title!
Beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement and upcoming life together! You guy are sooooo cute!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Awe! Congrats!! I love that you proposed with the sentimental ring. It's very nice for her to be able to wear both the beautiful family heirloom and her shiny new ring. :) Congrats!!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I love the story and I love BOTH rings!
WOO HOO! Congrats.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats you did great. I am sure she is so excited when she saw the real ring~!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet proposal, Deucer! She looks so happy!

Congratulations!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a sweet story and what a beautiful ring!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha too sweet! congrats!!!

oh, and the ring is just beautiful!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful! Congrats on the proposal and the ring!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and proposal. You two are such an adorable couple!!! Best wishes to you guys as you plan for your wedding! ::)

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! :appl: Such a nice story and such great pics of you 2! I'm sure she is over the moon with her ring! Happiness to you both! :halo:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: Love the story and the ring is gorgeous! Congratulations!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww! Great job! She looks totally thrilled!

Deucer

Rough_Rock
nielseel|1362708659|3399605 said:
haha too sweet! congrats!!!

oh, and the ring is just beautiful!

You'd love the medium flour. The center stone is GIA I color and looks white with the faintest hint of blue in most lighting conditions. Just awesome. I showed it to mt fiance under a black light too and she thought it was super cool. :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that you proposed with your great-grandmother's ring! And her ring is beautiful! It looks so elegant on her hand!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:praise: sigh... what a wonderful proposal story!!!! Congratulations, Deucer! you put a lot of thought into all aspects of this day --- I hope you both have a life time of happiness together!!

LOVE your pics - what a great memory!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This is SUCH a sweet story - congratulations! Both rings look so lovely on her, and I'm sure they will both be treasured forever. :))

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
So cute! Congratulations!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the best proposal stories I've ever read. I loved the part about proposing at the same spot where your parents got engaged. That is amazing. And I LOVE the ring! Great size diamond and you're right, that is a gorgeous setting. What a lucky girl!

We would love some more close-ups of the ring....

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
That's such a sweet story! Great job!

Deucer

Rough_Rock
Per request, here are some close up images of the ring:

photo__4__2.jpg

photo__1__4.jpg

photo__3__6.jpg

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
awww very very pretty!! it looks perfect on her hand :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love that soft twist setting!! It almost looks like petals, opening towards the centre diamond! It sure looks perfect on her hand!

Deucer

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1363046007|3402422 said:
I really love that soft twist setting!! It almost looks like petals, opening towards the centre diamond! It sure looks perfect on her hand!

Blue Nile really did a great job with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results