shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal in punta cana dominican republic

fm328

Rough_Rock
in a couple of weeks my girlfriend of two years and i are going on a week long trip to punta cana. we planned this trip together and booked it back in the winter. i decided this would be the ideal place to propose since we will be in paradise for a week. we have talked about our future and getting married some day so i know she will say yes although she has no idea that i have a ring or that i will be proposing on our trip. i keep telling her maybe in a few years, i cant afford a ring right now.

so we are staying at The Excellence for the first half of the week and the Hard Rock for the second half of the week. The Excellence is more if a romantic resort and it is adults only so i know i want to propose while we are there. I would like to propose on the day we arrive or the second day as i know i will be eager to get it done and also i want her (and me) to enjoy the entire week to enjoy the week as a newly engaged couple.

i was thinking of two different proposals and im having trouble deciding what to do and i would like all of your opinion.

1) i was going to contact the hotel in advance and have them decorate our room with rose petals and set up a fruit/cheese spread and champagne and write on the bed in rose petals 'will you marry me?' i will have her walk into the room first and once she sees everything i will be behind her waiting on one knee with the ring.

2)the second option would be to go for a walk on the beach and as we are walking i would tell her how much i love her and that there is just one thing that would make the trip better and when she asks what i would pull out the ring and drop to one knee and say if you would agree to marry me

either way i am planning a couples massage and private dinner for two on the beach for that night so we can celebrate.

let me know what you guys think. i have been going back and forth on these two for the last month

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
fm328|1368055359|3443093 said:
2)the second option would be to go for a walk on the beach and as we are walking i would tell her how much i love her and that there is just one thing that would make the trip better and when she asks what i would pull out the ring and drop to one knee and say if you would agree to marry me

I like the second option better, it sounds very intimate and heartfelt.

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
fm328 said:
1) i was going to contact the hotel in advance and have them decorate our room with rose petals and set up a fruit/cheese spread and champagne and write on the bed in rose petals 'will you marry me?' i will have her walk into the room first and once she sees everything i will be behind her waiting on one knee with the ring.

Option #1 gets my vote.

However, I have to say that you can't go wrong with either option. Your pre-planning, thoughtfulness, and attention to detail are all nice gestures, and will definitely set the tone for quite a memorable proposal.

Be sure to come back and update us with proposal details and hand shots afterwards. ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1 - it would just be so cool to see it written out in rose petals!! then I'd want to follow that by a walk on the beach and the couples massage sounds like a heavenly way to day dream about wedding stuff while staring at a new ering!!

Good luck!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think you can't go wrong with either option. #1 is definitely classic and very romantic. Personally I think #2 tells for a better story though and sounds much more intimate (to me) to go on a walk on the beach (just make sure to keep the ring safe!) and talk about then. Best of luck to you!!

MaddyRock

Rough_Rock
I would go with option 2. Or, I would plan a surprise tour with her on one day. I went last year and the island jeep tour was incredible! The Dominican is beautiful and the tour will take you up in the jungle with amazing views. Take her on a private walk to "explore" and propose to her overlooking the mountains and jungles.

fm328

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input everyone. i decided to go with option 2. we are flying out saturday morning and im planning to do it saturday afternoon/night. already booked the massage and set up the private dinner on the beach for that night. i will let you guys know how it goes when i get back!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
I love the 2nd idea. The beach is such a beautiful and romantic place to propose. Good luck!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results