shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal in greece :) off the list!

peonia

Rough_Rock
hi ladies :) well.... i am home from the most amazing week of my life!

i had written before that i suspected he was planning to do it in greece, but he did such a good job of convincing me otherwise that by the time we went, i wasn't expecting it at all. he proposed on our first night there, it was magical and private and sincere and everything i could have hoped for. we spent an absolutely amazing time in santorini, then we got back to his city (my ex-city before moving for my studies), and the next day i was shocked by a surprise engagement party!! we had nearly all our closest friends there, some of whom had flown in specifically, and my sweet fiance had been organising this party since JANUARY! he had also, as a final surprise, bought a different flight for me so i could spend two extra days there before flying home. i got to spend a wonderful time with my closest friends and it was all just so perfect, he deserves a serious medal for everything that he did to make my dreams come true :)

as for the ring... i was nervous since it was being custom made. but i needn't have worried, it came out absolutely perfect, i could not ask for anything better or more suited to me. i still can't believe i get to wear this for the rest of my life!!

i'll attach some pics of the ring, and a couple of beautiful scenery photos from greece - what an amazing place.

ring details - ring size 4, centre stone 1 carat, 2mm tapered pave band, and our initials are engraved on the back :)

i've loved reading and writing on this forum - i'll still be checking in, you ladies are so great!

dsc00929.jpg

dsc00931.jpg

dsc00932.jpg

dsc00603.jpg

dsc00488.jpg

dsc00865.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful story!! Congrats peonia!!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Squeee!!! I love, love, LOVE that ring! What an amazing proposal. I am so happy for you, congrats! :love: :appl:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful proposal and beautiful ring!! :appl: Congrats!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! Such a lovely story, and gorgeous ring! I love the initials on the sizing bar, such a sweet touch!! Will you be married in Greece too?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! Beautiful scenery and gorgeous ring.

What a sweet proposal too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! that's wonderful story and a gorgeous setting for such a romantic proposal!!! Your ring is perfect!!! how could you have been worried??? doesn't that all seem silly now? :wink2:

Its beautiful!! It looks perfect on your hand! :appl:

peonia

Rough_Rock
thank you all so much :) i do love the initials too! he chose the font himself!

@petit bijou - our wedding will be in south of france, where husband-to-be is from :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
ooooo, i love the engraved initials!!! AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring and proposal are beautiful!! :appl: :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
can't think of a more gorgeous place to be proposed to!!!!! I want to see more pictures of Greece!! hehe oh and of course your GORGEOUS GORGEOUS ring!!! he did a fantastic job!!! and I really love the initials engraved on the bottom. such a great touch.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! Congratulations!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS PEONIA!! :appl: Your proposal sounds so dreamy! and your diamond must be ginormous in Europe!! :love:

peonia

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for the lovely comments :D

@pandabee - i would love to post more pics, but i'm a little wary of privacy etc. - is it possible to delete your own post after you've posted it? if so i might put it up for a couple of days and then take it down.. i would feel safer that way :)

@madelise - you're right, i think 1 carat is a fairly generous size in europe! it certainly looks generous on my finger ;-)

Congrats! :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
How romantic Peonia!

Your stone is such a perfect size. The engraving is such a sweet touch, what a thoughtful man. Congratulations!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I also love the engraving! I'd love to see more pictures if you want to share some more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results