shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gordon96

Rough_Rock
ok.....so the ring is bought....and the nerves are kicking in already!!!

Here''s my story. I have been with my gf for nearly 7 years. I am 27 and she is 24 and live in Scotland. For her 25th birthday I have planned a surprise weekend trip to London which she has absolutely no idea about! We have been to London twice now as a couple and we both love it. She so wants to go back, but I have been putting it off because I have had this planned for some time.
For the first night in London i have booked into one of Gordon Ramsays restaurant. I had originally planned to go to one of his restaurants on the second night, which is her birthday, but I don''t think I could sleep the first night knowing what I had planned for the following evening.

Reading a few of the stories on this site, it almost seems a little cliched do propose at the dinner table. How do you go about it? What do I say? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

HELP!!!!!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi Gordon
35.gif

1st off, congrats to a fellow Scottie Dog! (I'm in Canada now
9.gif
)

Your wee lassie is going to LOVE her ring. It's really beautiful.

Your idea of taking your sweetie to a place you BOTH enjoy is fantastic.

As for what to say, simply say what you feel in your heart...tell her what you adore about her...tell her that she is everything you need, and more than you deserve...

Maybe you could propose in the room before you leave for dinner, or in some other location that holds meaning for you? Do you have a favourite spot in London? A nice garden, perhaps?

Aye, and make sure to come back here, and show us some photo's...and I expect to see someone wearing a kilt *wink*

~Allyson

gordon96

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply Allyson. After countless reading on here, I am heading off of the whole restaurant proposal.
I am thinking i will do it at some spot in london......just don''t know where yet!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can I share you what my DH did? it was very cute... We loved strolls in the park, and one day he picked me up after work and decided to have a picnic in the park, under "our tree" and while we were having dinner he had a friend hide in the bushes to take our pictures, lots and lots of pictures, so when we got the pictures developed there were so many, that if you flipped through them really fast, it was a like a movie almost, very memorable and meaningful to us... so i would just find someplace that was meaningful to do it and it doesn''t have to be extravagent, just my humble suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results