shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea! feedback welcome

1820blue

Rough_Rock
Dear fellow pricescopers!

some have you may have seen my thread on choosing the ring and diamond.. am getting closer on that side of things. I have already started planning the proposal itself and wanted to get some feedback and see what you all think, and if there are any modifications/ improvements i can make... have told a few people who seem to all say "oh she will love it" which is fair enough.. some people also said why go to all that trouble, and what i just wanted to throw out there is this isnt just a special occasion for the lady - this is somehting I am also very much looking forward to and want to make special for myself as well as my bride to be.. if that makes any sense at all :)

so we are travelling to London in the middle of december and have booked up in a fancy suite in central London.. my idea is that on the friday ( we arrive on the thursday ) we go shopping during the day, check out the Christmas markets, have a stroll around a few of the parks.. on the way back to the hotel my idea is to tell her I have to get something from reception and why dont you go ahead to the room.. in the meantime i will have planned with the hotel to have a dress and new Jimmy choos that i recently purchased for her laying out on the bed.. with a bottle of bubbly already open.. and a litte note on the bed saying " be ready by 9 pm sharp " or something like that... of course by that time im guessing she will already know whats going on .. but who cares right? i will get ready in separate room and have the concierge pick her up from the room and take her to the rooftop terrace where i plan on jsut a private little space with maybe a few candles and some rose petals on the floor.. there i do my little speach and then get donw on one knee and hope she says yes! the next part is a bit less planned out and where i would value any input, but i guess from there we would go to a nice candle lit dinner in fancy restaurant and as they say the rest is history.....

well anyway thats how i have it in my mind.... still alot of planning to do.. but i do think that would be unforgettable and special to her as well as me... If anyone has any other ideas the i truly appreicate the input...

p.s as im getting closer to buying the ring i have been thinking about what to have engraved Inside the ring... i cant really decide and dont want anything to cheesy... but what about something like "London 2014" to remember the special moment.. i did like the idea of having "to love" in the eng ring and "to hold" in the wedding band or sometihing of the sorts.. our song is strangers in the night by frank senatra so did think about relating somehow to that.. "strangers in the night" is too big to fit in the ring.. any ideas on this also welcome...

anyway thx for any input. :wavey:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Very romantic.

I wouldn't put london 2014, but maybe the actual date, like 12/23/14 or something. You could also have the song playing in the background while you are making your speech.

1820blue

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1415398316|3779453 said:
Love it! Very romantic.

I wouldn't put london 2014, but maybe the actual date, like 12/23/14 or something. You could also have the song playing in the background while you are making your speech.

Great idea About the song playing will have to see if thats doable ... And Yeh I see you point about the date being nicer than london 2014.. That sounds more like an Olympics date :) thd for your input :wavey:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1820blue|1415432947|3779608 said:
telephone89|1415398316|3779453 said:
Love it! Very romantic.

Great idea About the song playing will have to see if thats doable ... And Yeh I see you point about the date being nicer than london 2014.. That sounds more like an Olympics date :) thd for your input :wavey:
Hehe thats what I was thinking.

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results