shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Idea and fallback

havabeer

Rough_Rock
The 1st anniversary is coming up at the end of July. I was planning to make the proposal on that day, probably by taking her to a hedge maze and having her "find" me in it. We live in Tasmania, Australian and the maze I was planning to do it at is also not far from one big tourist drawcard here, Cradle Mountain which I where I was planning on booking us in for the evening. This I think would also make for a romantic settting, especially if there is snow. The weekend before is her birthday so I was thinking of using that as cover for taking her on a weekend getaway.

So the idea is set, but I have a couple of other things to sort out. 1. Being the ring and 2. That her parents will be on an international cruise.

I can definitely ask for their blessing before they leave, though I wonder if her mother can keep it to herself. Would it be bad form to do it while they are away?

With the ring I'm pretty confident in choosing a good stone and I know she doesn't want a round but prefers princess, asscher, radiant, cushion, ie, squarer shapes. My problem is with the setting, I know she wants something unique but I have to figure out what her idea of that is and time is quickly running out. White gold or platinum it will be, to me unique is modern/tension set or something like a halo?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

For questions about the diamond/setting, make a separate post in RockyTalky. You won't get much expert traffic in this forum on that topic.

As for the rest of your plan, I don't think that her parents need to be in town, but that's me, I'm not close to my parents. Is she? How would she feel about not having them there to share with her?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results