shape
carat
color
clarity

proporations for firey diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds Forever

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,
Hope you can help. My husband is buying me a new rb diamond.
I am really confused by what should be the proper measurements for a diamond that will be very firey. There is so much information out there it gets very confusing. My husband is not one to do a lot of research so the job goes to me. Can anyone tell me what proportions they would look for in a diamond.
Also I am considering buying the diamond through the internet but my husband would rather go BM. What internet dealers do you suggest I contact.

p.s.
Can I request a diamond from a dealer with the measurements and proporations that I want or will they laugh at me.

JAH

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Check out THIS POST which i just saw in Rockytalky...
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ideal cut diamonds are tops both in light return and fire - only either quality sowns in slightly different light conditions
read.gif
Those "Fiery Ideal Cuts" show more dispersion and less brilliance when white light return (='briliance') would take over in TIC. These are very slight differences though, as long as you do stay near the AGS0 range and need to be seen.

You definitely ca go for a stone with less brilliance (compared to RBC ideal) that show high contrast and dispersion. But this is more the description of a non-round as far as I can tell. Have you considered fancy cuts?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/29/2004 4:35:18 PM Diamonds Forever wrote:

p.s.
Can I request a diamond from a dealer with the measurements and proporations that I want or will they laugh at me.

----------------

2.gif
depends on the dealer! If they already make a living off super ideal cut rounds, surely they would not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results