shape
carat
color
clarity

Pronged diamond band cutting into e-ring prongs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I posted this earlier in the wrong forum.....now seeing how to remove the other post....ugg...

Hi guys,

I''d just like to say that I''m not exactly a newbie but haven''t posted in years and decided that I just had to ask if anyone noticed a similar problem to what I am experiencing.

I am the one that has the 2.22 ct Tiffany ring with channel set sides, the Tiffany prong diamond band, the Tiffany channel set band, (those were all posted before - and are in the forum e-ring folder) and in addition I have a 2.21 ct Tiffany solitaire and a 2.52 ct four-prong basket solitaire that I haven''t posted. Anyways, I love the look of the prong set diamond band with my solitaires (I hardly ever wear my channel set band - only if I am wearing the matching channel set e-ring) What I have noticed though is that the sides of the diamonds on the band are actually cutting into my solitaire prongs!! Tiffany will redo the prongs for me but I still love that look! Has anyone else ever have this problem? Short of not wearing a prong set band, what have been some of your solutions to this problem? Or are there some bands out there that will give the same look but are set so that they don''t do this?

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I also recently got the plain Tiffany Lucida 3mm platinum band to wear with the solitaires instead and it''s a very nice look as well (makes the diamonds pop even more) but I still do love the diamond band look....
-Shopaholic

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear of the issues with your eternity band eating your engagement ring prongs. Seems like this issue comes up all the time! Like mrssalvo, I am kind of surprised that this issue occurred with Tiffany rings because I thought 1) the lower profile would alleviate the problem and 2) a Tiffany ring and wedding band were kind of made to be worn together without damage. Apparently we were both wrong. Although I do think Memoire rings worn together will NOT have this same eternity band eating-the-engagement-ring-prong issue.

As you can see on the thread that was provided, the only real solutions are soldering the rings together or, wearing a thin spacer band between the two. I love the look of a solitaire with a shared prong eternity band as well, so I am sorry you are having this problem. It''s good to know that Tiffany will fix the prongs for you. Hope everything works out!

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your replies! Yes, it happens to Tiffany rings too I guess, my band is not an eternity but the 7 diamond prong one, but I can imagine that the eternity band would have the same effect. It's ashame because it's such a nice look but I don't want to solder them together.

I will check out the thread you posted, thanks so much, I thought maybe it was just me and the type and size of rings I have....though my Tiffany guy says that he's seen it before and doesn't recommend me wearing that diamond band with my solitaires anymore - thus I purchased the plain Lucida band.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup,wife had the same problem til i bought her a 2mm spacer ring.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto DF. This is an age-old problem!! You can solve it with a cheap platinum spacer band, you can get them online pretty cheap and will not be very noticable between your rings.

BTW - I would love to see pics of your collection if you have time!!! Start a thread in SMTR and let us drool pretty please
3.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I was worried about having that problem so I bought a spacer. It''s a tiny 2mm band. You can hardly see it but it separates the rings perfectly.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I just recently found a 1.5-2mm spacer band to separate my diamond band and e-ring. The diamonds were chewing up the prongs of my solitaire. It looks different in person, you can''t even really see the middle band, just alot of diamonds and sparkle!!
emsmilep.gif
I would recommend a tiny band to help alleviate this problem..good luck!

spacer set.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that I responded to the other thread you started, but I will do it again here...
Yes, it happened to my prongs so I wear a 2mm spacer band between the diamond band and the e-ring.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for all your input and help!

Unfortunately, my fingers are on the short side so adding a 2mm in between my rings would push my E-ring up to my knuckles
40.gif
, oh well, I guess I'll just have to wear the plain band for now and maybe shop around for a pave set one.

Honey22, I will try to post some pictures of my rings....but be forewarned that I am an amateur at best with the camera!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results