shape
carat
color
clarity

Prong snagging on hair- advice please

jrich

Shiny_Rock
I have been wearing my e-ring for 3 weeks, and I am noticing that one or 2 of the prongs will snag on a strand of my hair from time to time. My stone is set high (Vatche U-113 setting), and I know my hair isnt going to loosen the prongs but I've read enough here to know that is not ideal and these prongs might not be set right. I don't have a loupe, and honestly I don't want to loop my ring. Its an SI2 and I can't see anything and I want to keep it that way. I don't want my diamond pulled out and reset. Should I take it to a local jeweler and have them push down these two prongs or adjust them? Can they do it on the spot? How much will it cost? Is it really bad that this is happening? It's not every time I run my hand through my hair, maybe like 1 out of 10 times? But then the little piece of my hair gets stuck in the prong and I have to pull it out.

Thanks for any advice!
Jessica

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jessica,

If you don't have a loupe, take a small piece of thin paper and see if it slides and catches
under any of the prongs. You will feel and see it snag when you lift the paper up.
If you purchased it locally, you should have your prongs checked and tightened.
If not, you should get in touch with the seller and see what they can do.
Not totally uncommon problem, but should not be happening.
Hope this is helpful.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results