shape
carat
color
clarity

Prong reflections in diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes depending upon how you turn your diamond the reflections from the prongs within the crown of the diamond can sometimes look light light reflection upon feathers making you wonder if there is a feather there when it is just a reflection?

There is probably another way to turn the stone to show that these are just reflections. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this.

I posted this in Rockytalky but it probably should have been posted here at Diamond Hangout.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I am surprised about that,

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes PlatinumSmith. I think it is just the reflection of the metal upon facet junctions at the crown or the reflections coming from tiny crystals maybe. It may not be from the prong at all but from crystals I am seeing. It is not a feather anyway as it goes away at some angles.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PlatinumSmith Why are you surprised about it?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PlatinumSmith

I have had another look and I do not think it is the prongs now but reflections from a crystal on the other side of the stone. Maybe you could still look when you are working with the prongwork on your diamonds and let us know what you think? Maybe I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results