shape
carat
color
clarity

Prong earrings and bezel pendant? Or should they match?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I am saving up for a pair of diamond earrings and a diamond pendant. I really like the Barbara pendant from BGD but I don't necessarily like the look of bezel earrings on my ears and I am leaning towards those gorgeous 8-prong earrings from Whiteflash. My question is, do you think the style of the earrings and pendant should match, or does it not matter? I know its probably just a matter of personal preference, but I thought I would get some other opinions.

ETA: Not sure if it matters but just thought I would add that the earrings would be around .75ctw and the pendant probably around .5-.6 ct (or maybe a tad smaller if the prices keep creeping up).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I have plain 4 prong studs and have the milgrain, bezel pendant. I would not want my only pair of studs to be in a bezel, but I'd love to get some little diamonds and put them in the milgrain bezels!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 3-prong studs with a milgrained bezel pendant.

Don't worry, the shiny diamonds will stand out so much that other people may even not notice the difference.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I definitely don't think they have to match.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think the eight prong earrings and the barbara pendant will be gorgeous together!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
None of my pieces really match one another. They're all similar, in that they are yellow gold with the same general style, but I prefer a slightly less matchy-matchy look. I heard it described really well once (and totally agree with the statement) that your jewelry collection should look more like cousins than twins. I currently am weaing round bezel studs and a prong set pear pendant.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also have a bezel pendant and martini studs so no need to be matchy matchy. Looking forward to seeing what you get! :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your replies! Glad to hear that everyone thinks it will look ok. I don't normally like things too matchy-matchy but its just hard to visualize the different pieces so I might go to my favorite local jewelry store to check out some of their bezel and prong earrings and pendants. It's probably going to be a while until I can save up enough money for these so I'm sure I'll change my mind 50 million more times anyways :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
No, I have plain 4 prong studs and have the milgrain, bezel pendant. I would not want my only pair of studs to be in a bezel, but I'd love to get some little diamonds and put them in the milgrain bezels!

DS, its funny that you say that because I was thinking I might eventually like a small bezeled pair for my second holes. Great minds think alike :wink2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesnt matter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results