Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Prong earrings and bezel pendant? Or should they match?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I am saving up for a pair of diamond earrings and a diamond pendant. I really like the Barbara pendant from BGD but I don't necessarily like the look of bezel earrings on my ears and I am leaning towards those gorgeous 8-prong earrings from Whiteflash. My question is, do you think the style of the earrings and pendant should match, or does it not matter? I know its probably just a matter of personal preference, but I thought I would get some other opinions.

ETA: Not sure if it matters but just thought I would add that the earrings would be around .75ctw and the pendant probably around .5-.6 ct (or maybe a tad smaller if the prices keep creeping up).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I have plain 4 prong studs and have the milgrain, bezel pendant. I would not want my only pair of studs to be in a bezel, but I'd love to get some little diamonds and put them in the milgrain bezels!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 3-prong studs with a milgrained bezel pendant.

Don't worry, the shiny diamonds will stand out so much that other people may even not notice the difference.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think the eight prong earrings and the barbara pendant will be gorgeous together!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
None of my pieces really match one another. They're all similar, in that they are yellow gold with the same general style, but I prefer a slightly less matchy-matchy look. I heard it described really well once (and totally agree with the statement) that your jewelry collection should look more like cousins than twins. I currently am weaing round bezel studs and a prong set pear pendant.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also have a bezel pendant and martini studs so no need to be matchy matchy. Looking forward to seeing what you get! :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your replies! Glad to hear that everyone thinks it will look ok. I don't normally like things too matchy-matchy but its just hard to visualize the different pieces so I might go to my favorite local jewelry store to check out some of their bezel and prong earrings and pendants. It's probably going to be a while until I can save up enough money for these so I'm sure I'll change my mind 50 million more times anyways :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
No, I have plain 4 prong studs and have the milgrain, bezel pendant. I would not want my only pair of studs to be in a bezel, but I'd love to get some little diamonds and put them in the milgrain bezels!
DS, its funny that you say that because I was thinking I might eventually like a small bezeled pair for my second holes. Great minds think alike :wink2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesnt matter.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.