shape
carat
color
clarity

Promise Ring - with pictures :)

snow12

Rough_Rock
I was never the one to believe in promise rings but this past weekend I received one from my boyfriend and couldn't be happier! He gave it to me for a couple of reasons. I recently found out that I am pregnant which would be great news, except for the fact it is ectopic and we have to terminate the pregnancy. Its really sent me on a roller coaster of emotions. Also, a few weeks ago, my boyfriends grandmother passed away. He lived with his grandmother for 16 years before moving to france and then eventually over to the US. He is a very religious Muslim and got to thinking about how it really isn't appropriate for us to sleep together. He felt taking this step would help us both feel more secure in our relationship and would help ease his mind.

Anyways, it was a complete and utter surprise. He was meeting my family for the first time. My parents immediately accepted him and really enjoyed his company all weekend long. He gave it to my on saturday night at my parents house. He felt is was a good time since I never get to visit home. He gave me a 2mm platinum plain band. Already thinking of the future where he thought it would be perfect to go along with an engagement ring and wedding band. It is simple and plain and could match really anything I picked out. He's so wonderful for thinking of that!

ring.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. I've had a failed pregnancy before and it was a sad experience.
BUT, I am very very happy that you have a wonderful man in your life and that you family accepts him, etc.
That gesture of a promise ring is so lovely. :) Congratulations!
(And its' stackable too! You could wear it with your future wedding set!)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I love your promise ring- It looks gorgerous on your hand. :love: Your future FI is such a thoughtful guy!

I'm sorry about your ectopic pregnancy. I hope you feel better soon!

snow12

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am trying to stay positive through it all. I still feel so lucky even with all that has happened... I just keep telling myself it could be worse!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic, but it's wonderful that your boyfriend has taken that step toward commitment! It looks very nice on your finger!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring and sentiment, Snow :love: your SO is right, that pretty will go with everything =)

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet boyfriend! Congratulations!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear about your pregnancy :( You're so strong! You have yourself a very sweet boyfriend! Lovely ring, enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results