shape
carat
color
clarity

Process for buying a diamond online and setting elsewhere?

specialedster14

Rough_Rock
Long story short - I'm new to this. My girlfriend and I have found a solitaire engagement ring setting that we both love at a local jeweler (if you must know it is the Eriskay setting from Maevona http://www.maevona.com/bridal/4/Eriskay). However, rather than buy the diamond from the jeweler I'd like to buy it online - preferably from James Allen - because that is where I feel like I can get the best diamond for my money. What is the process for buying the diamond online and then getting the setting from a local jeweler? Are jeweler's generally okay with this, or will they require that if I buy the setting from them I buy the diamond from them as well? If they are willing to do it, will they charge me a lot extra to do the setting since I didn't buy the diamond from them? I've been a lurker here during my preliminary research period and I appreciate all the help you guys have provided. Thanks in advance.

- Alex

specialedster14

Rough_Rock
Re: Process for buying a diamond online and setting elsewher

Oh man I just noticed the "related posts" section next to my post. It looks like my question has been asked many times before so I'll go ahead and sift through those. Sorry for the spam.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results