shape
carat
color
clarity

problems with the milgrain on my new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am really disappointed about this... the milgrain on two sides of my halo just looks sloppy and messy, and not even straight on one side. I only just got my ring Saturday, but I guess I am going to have to return it to whiteflash now. I have to say, I''m kind of surprised they sent the ring to me like this?

I am going to have my fiance email them shortly with pictures and then call as well, but thought I would post here as well to make sure I am not crazy!!

Experts... and everyone else.. what do you think? Since the rest of the ring is nice and uniform, I know they can do better! sigh..

milgrainproblem.JPG

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m far from being an expert but that would drive me completely batty
8.gif
It''s such a beautiful ring and we know WF can make it perfect and will! and it is odd how that passed by them, it almost looks dented and wavy....

Good luck, Ice- I''m sure the end result will be the perfection you totally deserve!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Icekid....how disappointing!
7.gif

I agree...it should go back. You want that stunning ring to be PERFECT...

widget

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 11:19:49 AM
Author: fountainfairfax
Well, I''m far from being an expert but that would drive me completely batty
8.gif
It''s such a beautiful ring and we know WF can make it perfect and will! and it is odd how that passed by them, it almost looks dented and wavy....

Good luck, Ice- I''m sure the end result will be the perfection you totally deserve!
Yeah, I am sure they will take care of it! Every time I look at the ring now, it''s all I see!
32.gif
I will drive myself crazy too if I don''t get it fixed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, that would drive me nuts too. It has to go back and I see what you are talking about. I am suprised they sent it out like that too. Send it back!!! They can fix it.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry you have to send the ring back. What a disappointment. Hopefully they can get it back to you very soon. I know how hard it must be to part with it so soon after getting it. Keep us posted!

ETA Yes, I do see what you mean about the lines being wavy. You're not crazy
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Icekid, I''m so sorry. I know how hard it is to part with a ring you just got
39.gif
That would drive me crazy too. I know WF will be more than happy to fix it for you.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
How terribly disappointing, it was so close to perfect. When you are so looking forward to having something it must be devastating to send it back. I''m sure it will be well worth the wait!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
It does look wavey in the pics! That would drive me crazy as well...it must have just slipped past quality control!

I have miligraining on my half eternity band (A.Jaffe), and it''s smooth in one spot where they had to replace a diamond! You really have to look to see it, but I know it''s there and it bugs me! I wish I would have taken it back, but I didn''t have very much faith that they wouldn''t just make it worse! (Local store where it was purchased!)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call them, NOW. Ask for Lesley. They''ll make it right. Do not be afraid to waste time. Make it perfect. And call/email till it IS.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve spoken with icekid''s fiance and we''re having him send the ring back ASAP. Once we have it here, we''ll be able to take a look at it closely and then correct the issue.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 1:33:58 PM
Author: LesleyH
We''ve spoken with icekid''s fiance and we''re having him send the ring back ASAP. Once we have it here, we''ll be able to take a look at it closely and then correct the issue.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com
See, WF is great that when something accidentally goes wrong they''ll make it right. I forget sometimes that HUMANS make these beauties, not machines.

I know it''s so hard to send it back but it will be so worth it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 1:33:58 PM
Author: LesleyH

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com
Just one more reason Whiteflash is thought of so highly here. Icekid, don''t worry. It will be perfect. Disappointing now, but worth it later.

Shay

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is good to deal with people who will try to help you to be pleased with the final product. Maybe it will be improved and you will like it better. We hope so.

Millgraining is applied for the past 40+ years with a miniature tool resembling a pie edge crimper, except the crimp is inside rather than on one edge. It is not a precision process, but made to fool the eye with busy little bumps and shiny sparkles that mask what other wise would be a rather sharp and a bit irregular edge left from the setting process. Millgraining is a sort of a short cut in setting. The finest items were once made without millgrain and finished to a very high degree of straightness. Jewelers discovered that by beading the cut edge with this roller type tool they could short cut the finish process a bit and still make a great "look". Modern millgrain is not a perfect process, but it provides a period "look". Don't expect perfection as it is not done as carefully as many other aspects of finishing are done in a well made item.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Yes, my fiance has spoken with WF and my ring shall be going back! And I''m sure it will be completely taken care of.

OldMiner- I don''t expect the milgrain to be PERFECT. In fact, it''s far from it. However, I do think it should be straight and fairly uniform. There are a couple areas that leave something to be desired.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes ice, that is way wavy! We''re sure WF will make it right! Such a pretty ring!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Icekid- I see what you mean. I hope everything gets fixed quickly and to your satisfaction!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Is it back yet? I tried looking around but I could not find another thread...
33.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that you have to send your ring, but i am glad that you are taking care of it ASAP. It''s not fun to live with a ring that you know there is something not right about it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is a month old..did you get the ring back yet icekid?!?!? I hope so!

sea

Rough_Rock
sorry deleted for stupid boyfriends antics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results