shape
carat
color
clarity

private and simple proposal ideas

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
I'm already married, but surprised my husband this evening with a little gift that got the ball rolling talking about proposal ideas. I know many women do NOT like the attention of a public proposal, so I thought I'd share our ideas (we have two friends on the verge and looking for ideas!) and perhaps help someone out! :)

I bought my husband a robe and had it monogrammed with his initials at Pottery Barn (about $100.) What if you got one for your lady love, monogrammed with her new initials (assuming you've talked about it, or just her first initial if not). Hide the ring inside the pocket. When she goes to try it on, just say, oh, the tag was left in the pocket. Pull it out, drop to your knee, and you're golden. ;-)

My sister was proposed to the following way: my BIL is very shy and would have died about anything public. He took every white top sheet in the house and covered all the hay bales in the barn. He even made a table and chairs out of hay bales! He strung up fairy lights (battery operated) and got takeout from the restaurant where they had their first real date. Served it all on his mother's china, with a boombox (in the 90s!) playing her favorite songs. Needless to say, my sister nearly passed out. BIL is thoughtful, but not super romantic, so all that effort to make the experience special meant so much to her - and probably cost him under $100.

Do you guys have any ideas for inexpensive, simple proposals? Let's get a list going!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to marry your BIL!!! That is SOOOO sweet!!! I love that he put in all that effort to propose :halo:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Your BIL is a sweetheart! I melted a little with all of his awesome efforts to make it so romantic and personal! :love:

mr_purple

Rough_Rock
I am actually doing this for my girlfriend for her birthday (the proposal is VERY public...go figure...lol) but a scavenger hunt to all your favorite spots together would definitely do the trick. My scavenger hunt will include an mp3 file with a mysterious voice (you can get voice changing software for free now a days) leading her with clues. Each location will have a CD with the same voice leading her to the next clue....all this can be adapted for a proposal and can lead up to the spot you first met, or hold very special where you could propose.

Simple, but takes time and planning.

hann

Rough_Rock
I gave my girlfriend a box called the "engagement project".

In it ,1 page torn from this journal that i've spent writing in. Includes the thought process, the ideas, choosing the ring, choosing a house etc.. Over this month, I send little surprises her way to put into that box.

at the end of that1 month (incidentally my birthday), i'll do something else... i'll update!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results