shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess, Radiant or Emerald Votes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Please vote your number 1 preference

a. Princess
b. Radiant
c. Emerald

Sparkles:bigsmile:

camdenlock

Rough_Rock
I'll weigh in for emerald, I have found over time it is an elegant, refined cut that's eminently wearable.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou for responding - the word elegant keeps coming up with this type of cut.

Sparkles

Jess

Rough_Rock
I am sorry more people haven't responded! I myself like the round the best and don't pay much attention to the other cuts...however, if I were picking...I like the radiant then the princess, don't really care for the emerald. It doesn't really give any sparkle and fire that I am so fond of in the round!:loopy:

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I used to like princess bc it's different than round until I found out princess depth is deeper for it to shine, therefore looks smaller than round for same carat weight, and it's a hassle to have to worry about the corners chipping every time u change setting. It's harder to set sharp corners than round stone, and round stone is more brilliant, more durable, and looks bigger for same carat wt, therefore better buy for your money.

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
EMERALD

But my favorite is round b/c of the sparkle.

aFatCat

Rough_Rock
i vote for PRINCESS.

swift

Rough_Rock
If you have never seen a superbly cut, fine quality emerald-cut diamond, hold off on your judgements. The best stones BLAZE white-white-white light and have amazing fire - they throw off sparks of color (green, red, blue). What emerald-cuts don't have is the scintillation (that sparkly quality) that you see in round brilliant cuts.

Also emerald-cut stones tend to be sold only in the better color and clarity grades because you can see the color/flaws more easily because of the large facets.

The other advantage of emerald-cut stones is that it's hard to find a diamond-substitute (like CZs) that look as good as the real thing - not true with other cuts - so you know that it's real.

Last but not least, the emerald-cut tends to be the least expensive cut so you get more weight for the money.

Can you tell, I love the emerald-cut?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Emerald is least expensive? I thought radiant cut is and princess.

You get more weight for money, but not necessarily good spread, so you end up spending more money buying bigger stone for same size effect as round or other cuts.

swift

Rough_Rock
Maybe princess and radiant prices are lower. Price is mostly determined by demand, and emerald-cuts seem to be becoming more popular again. I see a lot of princess and radiant rings out there in the stores, more so than emeralds so it may still be less expensive (for the same size & quality, of course) for now.

You can save more of the rough by cutting in certain shapes and a lot of rough seen to be naturally shaped for the rectangular cuts. The radiant and princess cuts were made for people who wanted square and rectangular stones but with more brilliance than the emerald-cut - the faceting and polishing take more time (more facets, carefully placed) than with the emerald-cut.

Marquise-cut stones generally look biggest for the size, emerald cuts tend to look slightly smaller than their size. There is always the temptation for any cutter to give the stone a larger look by cutting it a little "spread" if it saves some weight and it doesn't cost too much in beauty.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Nothing beats Emerald Cut!!!
12.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Radiant and emerald. But they speak two different languages to me. One of sleek elegance (emerald) another of refined pizazz (radiant). Not so crazy about large princess stones. I do like them small and channel set.

KGenoa

Rough_Rock
Emerald cut for sure; timeless...

maggiepie11

Rough_Rock
I vote princess, then radiant, and I don't care for the emerald cut. Whether it's scintillation or sparkle, or whatever the experts want to call it, emerald cuts look like plain glass to me. I prefer any cut over the emerald cut for that reason. I prefer princess cuts over radiant cuts just because I think the squared corners of the princess cut gives it such a unique, bold look. There's no doubt that it's square, whereas radiant cuts can't seem to decide if they want to be a round diamond set in 4 prongs or if they want to be square.

Does that make any sense?
twirl.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
(1) Princess (only if its cut by barry)
(2) Radiants
(3) life less emerald cuts

noles9498

Rough_Rock
It's like that "Elvis or the Beatles" question from 'Pulp Fiction' - people who love Emeralds (like me) just don't like the other cuts.

wink2.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
There is no wrong answer
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
There is no wrong answer
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Is there an echo in here tonight ?
1.gif

niki

Rough_Rock
EMERALD!! I used to think I wanted a princess cut, love the square look. Then when my b/f and I started looking around for diamonds, I fell in love with the emerald cut. We bought one that is breathtaking! I also like the fact that there are fewer people out there with emerald cuts than round or princess.
1.gif
1.gif

LadyHawk

Rough_Rock
Princess all the way!!

camper

Rough_Rock
Definitely the radiant!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I thought this was an old thread? Well, here it goes anyway.

Emerald, definitely. I like square diamonds and once would have said princesses were my second choice, but I no longer admire them as much. I adore the how deep and mysterious an EC looks.

LadyHawk

Rough_Rock
Well everyone, I voted earlier for princess all the way, however, after finding this little bauble, I think I may have changed my mind:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15177&item=2637691576

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The EMERALD for the biggest color flashes !
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results