shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Quest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blukolr

Rough_Rock

Amazing input, thorough knowledge and wonderful attention to detail from all the regulars on this board...!!! I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about diamonds, honestly though I am also a bit more confused now on what to buy than before.

33.gif

So I thought I would give the experts
35.gif
on this board an opportunity to point me in the right direction in selecting a PRINCESS cut for an engagement ring. The only thing i know is that she''s liked a mount with 3 squares or baguettes going down each side of the band (approx .50 total ct). I have read a lot of your posts and reviewed the tutorials and i''m excited to see what your opinions are.

Looking for a princess cut around 1 Ct. (+/-) Budget for loose stone $4k-$5k. ~with lots of sprakle and shine
30.gif

I have done many searches, but start to get lost in table to Depth ratio''s, flourescents, and so on.

I appreciate your time in reading this post and any responses and opinoins you have. Thanks again.

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
do a search on the new AGS-0 princess cuts, they are amazing!

blukolr

Rough_Rock
Thank you Phoenixgirl...I can start to see some of the specs. i should be shopping when looking for a princess.

Rockingout..can i do that search from this site?

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
Yes you can search this forum, go to the search box and put in "AGS-0 princess" and you will get a ton of hits. From there you can start to read up.

pinkee

Rough_Rock
i love the princess cut and it is my favorite - just some advice, my 1 ct princess was chipped when having it reset, the gemologist who replaced my stone that works w/ insurance companies said he sees a lot of princess cuts chipped because they are not cut corners like an asscher, etc. i actually replaced my stone with a round, he also showed me radiant cuts if you like the look, of square,

blukolr

Rough_Rock
Does the Princess have a tendency to chip once set as well or just when being set? Here is a picture of the setting I was looking at setting a 1ct. in:

http://www.whiteflash.com/pimg/jewelry/gi_DV-541_f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results