shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Megan gets her sapphire

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I know I left off the 'h' because I'm not referring to Markle:twisted2:.

I recently started a thread saying I was beginning a search for a blue green sapphire to match my hubby's eyes. This was to be switched out with my diamond e-ring when the mood strikes, because I'm really a CG girl anyway. I honestly planned for it to be a 2019 project, and I was going to relish the search for just the right one. Well, you know what they say about plans!

I found this ring through a vendor that I've been purchasing loose stones from for about 15 years. When I saw it I absolutely had to have it. It checked all the boxes with the large sapphire and halo. I would have preferred a white metal, but I'm ok with the 14k yg. Being a child of the 80s I actually kinda am into the retro Dynasty-esque look, minus the big hair:mrgreen:. It then occurred to me that most might not think Dynasty and may reference the British princesses, with Kate/Di blue halo and Eugenie's pad halo.

Specs- 5.89 ct of blue-green unheated Ceylon sapphire with 1.25 ct F-G S1 diamonds in 14k yg. It's about 1 size too big rn.

So without further ado, here's P 20181107_204833.jpg rincess (dutchess of middle Georgia :lol:) Megan's sapphire halo. 20181108_073020.jpg
20181108_072721.jpg 20181108_072547.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
As you may be able to see, the color is a bit shifty. The first pic is in my bathroom, and it's very green. The others are in my car on a rainy day where the blue is more evident.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! That's a beautiful colour!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so pretty!!!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love it! It looks perfect on you—the style, big size, and color!

Congratulations on a great find! Do you mind sharing the vendor?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's such a gorgeous color. How do you ever stop staring into your husband's eyes? :kiss2: Love the diamond halo too. It's the total package. :mrgreen2:

Also, "(dutchess of middle Georgia)" is a freaking adorable name. I love it! :lol:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 thanks so much. I waited 27 years after our first kiss in junior high for those eyes to propose, so yes, they definitely imprinted on me!

@MissyBeaucoup thank you! The vendor is on the dreaded Ebay (eek!:lol:). His seller name is desertfox412003. He used to teach at the GIA in Carlsbad, and is very personable and willing to share his knowledge. He usually has mostly native cuts, some of them poorly cut, but I have gotten some amazing deals over the years. Back when the cuprians were just discovered in Mozambique was when I first bought from him. Although it's been awhile, people would pass out if they knew the deals I got.

S

SparkliesLuver

Congratulations on such a perfect find! Wow. She was meant to be yours. Beautiful! :love::clap:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on such a perfect find! Wow. She was meant to be yours. Beautiful! :love::clap:

Thank you, I totally felt that it was "the One" as soon as I saw it. It's also nice that it was already in a ring, as I'm the type of personality that has difficulty narrowing down my options. I have SO many loose stones that I've never set because I cant make up my mind. Hubby made me promise not to do that with this sapphire if i bought it loose, like I thought I would have to.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ring! I adore the setting and the stone color is such a soothing and gorgeous shade of blue-green. It’s a beautiful piece :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 thanks so much. I waited 27 years after our first kiss in junior high for those eyes to propose, so yes, they definitely imprinted on me!

@MissyBeaucoup thank you! The vendor is on the dreaded Ebay (eek!:lol:). His seller name is desertfox412003. He used to teach at the GIA in Carlsbad, and is very personable and willing to share his knowledge. He usually has mostly native cuts, some of them poorly cut, but I have gotten some amazing deals over the years. Back when the cuprians were just discovered in Mozambique was when I first bought from him. Although it's been awhile, people would pass out if they knew the deals I got.

I've spoken to him a few times, and he seems super trustworthy. Not all eBay sellers are horrible :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, I didn't even know this color was possible in a sapphire! It's amazing!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just went into the breakroom at work with horrible fluorescent lighting and white walls, and look at what color it is in here! Would you ladies call that a color shift, or what? 20181108_133137.jpg

That's like a totally different ring in that light. :shock: Don't you love the mood swings of our precious gemstones? :lol-2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is just gorgeous, wow :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful in all lighting! WOW!!!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s stunning and absolutely perfect.
And eBay is a perfectly excellent place to find outstanding buys and treasured items. With a bit of care of course!
Most my “scores” are from there :P2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! My kind of colour sapphire! I'd take that over whatever the standard desired blue is any day! Totally digging it with the YG!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COOL color! How wonderful that it was already set in a great setting.

Congrats!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great find! Love how the color shifts and makes it look like a totally different stone.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :appl:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The color of the stone is closer to that of tourmaline than most sapphires I've seen! Love the story of how you met your husband, that was very sweet :) I'll definitely check out that Ebay seller, too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! I love all the colours it shows. Great choice.
Please post a lot more pics

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring! I love the color of the sapphire. It looks like a tropical ocean. :love:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone so much for the compliments! I am so happy with it and am fascinated at the color shifts. Hubby is proud of it too. He asked our neighbor yesterday if he has seen my new ring. That was the very first time he ever has done that! I think he's just flattered at my sentiment behind it:oops:.

First bit of sunshine this morning since I've gotten by her. I was so excited, I think I embarrassed the young man who maintains our yard when I went outside in my robe, lol. 20181110_112958.jpg 20181110_113020.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a really lovely color!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still admiring this beauty! Wishing you much happiness!

Thanks for the tip on the eBay dealer. I love being able to find beautiful things that are so rare and off the beaten path.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! I love the way the color shifts.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful your highness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results