shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess halo ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kappa

Rough_Rock

kappa

Rough_Rock
or are halos not in vogue anymore?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many many people have halo rings. I would say they are probably the biggest trend in engagement rings right now. I say buy what you like! So if you love that ring as an engagement ring then that is the ring you should get!

There's a princess ritani ring here that is similar and I think Rainy Daze has a similar ring too...

kappa

Rough_Rock
do you think the halo is too thick?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 10:21:18 PM
Author: kappa
or are halos not in vogue anymore?

They are and I think they will be for a while, just as long as you like it. I have one and I think you can search me and find it....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer something more delicate like the Ritani halo. But that''s just my preference! What matters is what YOU like.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks neatfreak for remembering my ring and linking to my thread!

kappa - my princess is 1ct and the halo roughly measures 2mm. looks like the james allen halo measures 1.9mm. although there is much that i love about my ring, i do think the halo is too big/thick. in fact, i was deciding between my ring and the ritani halo that neatfreak also mentioned, and i have to say i would much prefer the thinner halo of the ritani. whatever you choose, make sure to get a princess with a knockout cut and light performance (especially if you halo it) and go for a very thin halo... otherwise the halo overpowers the stone and it gets a little lost.

as for getting a 1.5 ct for 6k, and assuming you do not compromise on the quality of the cut, it looks like you can get close if you go with the warmer colors (I, J, K) and/or lower clarity (VS2 with a warmer stone, or SI1/2 with a little higher color such as G or I).

whiteflash has one option right now from their expert selection 1.41ct, G, SI1 for a little more than 6k
http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-912097.htm

this one from GOG is AGS Ideal and lower in color, but 1.5ct at 5500
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5073/

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty but I prefer a more delicate halo.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is pretty, I just love princess cuts haloed
36.gif
Here is my favorite
30.gif
its aTacori
30.gif

maybeoneday12.jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kappa! Welcome to PS!!! Get ready for a wild ride - this place is the best!

I think your ring is unique and lovely... keep in mind in this whole process that there are only two people who''s opinion count when it comes to engagement rings - yours and your FF''s.

Go with your gut!

BTW: Kappa as in "I''m so happy that I am a..." or not?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results