shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HKS1011

Rough_Rock
Hey Guys! Been browsing here awhile and now am real close to "biting the bullet". For starters, I am looking for a princess cut diamond. My budget is around 7,000 - 8,000. What would you recommend for this budget? Specifically, the 4 Cs and other criteria. I am looking for something in the 1.5 Carat Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I plan on putting it in the Kirk Kara ring at this link

http://www.kirkkara.com/#section=gallery&productid=6774-R

HKS

HKS1011

Rough_Rock
Sorry Guys....as far a Carat, that was at least a 1.5 diamond. Obviously, I would like to go as big as I can without sacrificing quality.

Again, Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

HKS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HKS1011

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feeds....I will look at them when I get to the office.

As far as 4 C''s - what should I look for in that price range and what should I stay away from?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 7:57:53 AM
Author: HKS1011
Thanks for the feeds....I will look at them when I get to the office.

As far as 4 C''s - what should I look for in that price range and what should I stay away from?
It depends on your prorities but for clarity VS to verified eyeclean SI can be a good choice, VVS carry a premium and slightly lower clarities can be eyeclean anyway. Colour, again depends on your preference and budget but G to H initially is a sweet spot for many, if you needed to you could look at I or J colour ( GIA/ AGS graded).

HKS1011

Rough_Rock
Thanks again. Your info is very helpful. As far as Cut - ideal or very good since it is a princess cut?

HKS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 11:03:02 AM
Author: HKS1011
Thanks again. Your info is very helpful. As far as Cut - ideal or very good since it is a princess cut?

HKS
Ok, the only meaningful use of the term Ideal Cut pertains to AGS0 Ideal for either Princess or round cuts, AGS are the only lab to grade Princess for cut performance at this time. Otherwise vendors commonly use the terms Ideal or Very Good to describe the cut of some diamonds but it is no guarantee of a well cut rock, to see which are the best cut for Princess you need to evaluate each diamond on its own desirable visual and physical properties, when buying online that means images such as ASET and detailed photographs are really essential.

HKS1011

Rough_Rock
That is where all the "RED" Shows up on the ASSET Picture? The more the Red the better?

Thanks again...sorry for all the questions.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Correct. Red is better! If you see mostly green and white with just a touch of red, stay away.

EightStar_jr

Rough_Rock
I do agree with the others that red is desirable, but have to add that too much red can also be a negative feature of a diamond. The presence of the other colors in moderation shows that the diamond has the ability to gather light from all angles, and thus perform in a broader range of lighting environments.

Additionally, the contrast created from the areas of light and dark will allow for your eye to better appreciate the brilliance of the stone.

Cheers,

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results