shape
carat
color
clarity

Pride in the south

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny - I thought of you when I read this article. Our lakehouse in just outside Eureka Springs and I consider Eureka my second home. I wanted you to know that not every place in the south is close minded and oppressive. I wish places all over could realize that "live and let live, love and let love" is possible. If it's possible in Arkansas, it's possible anywhere!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gussie.
I know it's unfair to paint with broad brush.

I know many theists who are are wonderful people.

But the fact remains that the Bible says something like, a man laying with a man is an abomination.
It does not even condemn slavery, rather it instructs how you are to treat your slaves.

It's there in black and white.
Therefore the not-so-wonderful theists say they are doing god's work when acting based on these scriptures.
For them and that, I blame religion.
If holy books didn't say this shit the world would be a better place because not everyone follows one religion so nothing in that religion should apply to anyone outside that religion.

Frankly, right now, I don't want to deal with all this.
So, while I'm not taking a 100% break, I'm trying to post less than usual about how America is turning into a shithole.

Please folks don't summons me with the @ thing - even with good news.
I just need to not think about all this now.
TIA.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gussie.
I know it's unfair to paint with broad brush.

I know many theists who are are wonderful people.

But the fact remains that the Bible says something like, a man laying with a man is an abomination.
It does not even condemn slavery, rather it instructs how you are to treat your slaves.

It's there in black and white.
Therefore the not-so-wonderful theists say they are doing god's work when acting based on these scriptures.
For them and that, I blame religion.
If holy books didn't say this shit the world would be a better place because not everyone follows one religion so nothing in that religion should apply to anyone outside that religion.

Frankly, right now, I don't want to deal with all this.
So, while I'm not taking a 100% break, I'm trying to post less than usual about how America is turning into a shithole.

Please folks don't summons me with the @ thing - even with good news.
I just need to not think about all this now.
TIA.

Fair enough. I hope the best for you. Have a great weekend and be kind to yourself.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kenny - I thought of you when I read this article. Our lakehouse in just outside Eureka Springs and I consider Eureka my second home. I wanted you to know that not every place in the south is close minded and oppressive. I wish places all over could realize that "live and let live, love and let love" is possible. If it's possible in Arkansas, it's possible anywhere!

if i was on some epic road trip that would want me to call in for lunch or to stay the night just to support the locals

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bonfire. :wavey:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted you to know that not every place in the south is close minded and oppressive.

Well, there are always the college towns...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results