shape
carat
color
clarity

pricing question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rachelheart

Rough_Rock
can someone please tell me the current price difference per ct. between a G SI1 and H VS 2 in the 2-2.49 ct. range. Many thanks.

rachelheart

Rough_Rock
I was hoping for an answer based upon RAPP.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why?

Rap means nothing to the consumer, and next to nothing to the prosumer without inside industry knowledge, information, and perspective.

If you're planning to purchase go with a reputable vendor who is clear about his retail pricing policy (read: not one who says "buy this, it's 20 off rap!").

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 5:27:59 PM
Author: yssie
Why?

Rap means nothing to the consumer, and next to nothing to the prosumer without inside industry knowledge, information, and perspective.

If you''re planning to purchase go with a reputable vendor who is clear about his retail pricing policy (read: not one who says ''buy this, it''s 20 off rap!'').
This is what I was thinking too.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Me too....

rachelheart

Rough_Rock
I understand the limitations of RAPP, but I think it''s the best way to answer my question about a reasonable price difference between G SI1 and H VS2 stones in the 2-2.49 ct range with idential cuts.

A Pricescope search produces too many stones with too wide a range of prices. For this simple question I think RAPP is the best source. Stone one is one color grade better while stone 2 is one clarity grade better. I assume color has a premium to clarity here and just wanted to confirm and find our how much.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Each stone will be priced differently depending on when it was cut, what the vendor''s policy is and who the vendors customer is.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
In many stores, I''ve noticed that clarity trumps color when it comes to price so it''s so cut and dry.

As far as rapp, last time i saw prices was at my apprasier about a year ago. He told me stones aren''t really sold to dealers at rapp prices either. So while I have no idea what the prices are now, I know that a 2ct G,VS2 GIA that may be going for 20k on a rapp sheet, will still not be sold for that price to the dealer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 5:25:50 PM
Author: rachelheart
I was hoping for an answer based upon RAPP.
ask the vendor.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 5:27:59 PM
Author: yssie
Why?

If you're planning to purchase go with a reputable vendor who is clear about his retail pricing policy (read: not one who says 'buy this, it's 20 off rap!').
sure it does ...i wouldn't be a happy camper if i paid 30% over Rap.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results