shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing on Princess? buying soon need help, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rowan128

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I''ve been doing some research on diamonds and my girl has found a diamond she likes. To me it seems a little steep after doing research online. Our goal was to find a diamond that appeared a little bigger than it really was, wothout losing some qualities. our budget is about 8500. All your posts have been so helpful. Great Site. The diamond was at Jared and they are asking 8,600. She is a little hesitant on buying online in case something happens. Were planning o going to Mexico in a month and I plan to give it to her there. So any quick thoughts on the price would be great. Thanks.

Princess
Carat Weight: 1.25
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth%: 75
Table %: 78
measurements 6.02 X 5.80 X 4.35
Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Cut Grade: Good
Culet: None
Polish Good

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut grade good?

A little offsquare.

Rather large table.

Jared carries AGS 0 diamonds...see if you likey?

Rowan128

Rough_Rock
Cut I think was good. Is the larger table that bad, won''t that give us the appearnce of a little larger diamond?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no.

WELL.... if it's leaky from girdle to table, around the crown facets (and that is a problem in poorly cut stones) then having more table=more table glare so it could look bigger, but it would be painful to look directly.
40.gif

it's better to say large table=shallower crown=more spread, but that is only true in some rounds. larger table=/=bigger appearance in general.

how big a stone looks is the length by width, and your stone is falling just about right for that carat weight.

Rowan128

Rough_Rock
Thanks JuileN, anyone else of any thoughts on the diamond and price?

Rowan128

Rough_Rock
anyone else? looking to buy this diamond or another by the end of the week.

Thanks...

:)

Brilliant_Rock
try pricescoping your diamond at the top of the page. you can search by cut too - I know buying on the internet seems a little scary for so much money but people do it every day. Also places like Good Old Gold and Whiteflash have upgrade policies just in case you want to change things later

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Also, you don''t mention the girdle on the one you listed - princess cuts have sharp corners which are prone to chipping, watch for thin girdles.

tdiggity

Rough_Rock
The depth and table sound a little high to me. I try to stick in the upper 60''s to low 70''s with princesses from what I have learned. I bought a similar diamond though (relating to color, clarity, etc) only .96 and it was under $4000 online...far less than half of what you are paying. I think that price seems little steep.

What are your fears with online buying? I had an amazing experience. I worked with Good old Gold and got the benefits of working with an established jeweler with a storefront as well as getting the good prices of buying online. You save sales taxes most of the time too and shipping is usually free. It makes you wonder just how much Jared and those companies make on the rings they sell.

Rowan128

Rough_Rock
Not exactly sure on the girdle.

I guess were mainly worried with upgrading and if something happens to the diamond and maintenace. i bought a nice band from a store, now I just need the diamond, I wantt something really nice and somewhat big. I have about 8500 to spend on the diamond. VS2 or better, H or better, close to square, appears a little bigger then it is and 1.25 to 1.50 carat

Rowan128

Rough_Rock
any thoughts on these?

Item Code: 11367779
1.39 ct H VS1 Princess
$6,663.00
. Report: GIA
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 1.39
. Depth %: 71
. Table %: 75
. Girdle: TN-
. Measurements: 6.15-6.10X4.38
. Polish: Good
. Symmetry: Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

$8,440.00 Call for Availability

Item Code: 10813081
. Report: GIA
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 1.40
. Depth %: 71.8
. Table %: 77
. Girdle: XTN-TK
. Measurements: 6.26-6.25X4.49
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Good
. Culet:
. Fluorescence: None

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I like the last one... besides being just about perfectly square, the depth is lower meaning there is more weight up at the top (wider), so it should face up bigger

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results