shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing from Chinese vendors

pixiepie1987

Rough_Rock
I’m just after a simple solitaire ring, nothing fancy, about half a carat. I’d also like a channel/bead set wedding band to go with it.

So I’m not too picky and don’t want to spend a whole lot. Any tips for ordering a simple custom design from a Chinese vendor that stays on the lower end of the budget?

For example, what costs more: Round vs. hearts and arrows main stone White gold (which one?) vs platinum Channel set band vs bead set Moissanite vs lab diamonds for the wedding band 0.5 vs 0.75 carat (much difference in price?)

I love all of the above options so happy for the cheaper one (I think! Anything else I should know? E.g I’ve heard lab diamonds might be worth the extra money for the band..)

Thanks!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I’m just after a simple solitaire ring, nothing fancy, about half a carat. I’d also like a channel/bead set wedding band to go with it.

So I’m not too picky and don’t want to spend a whole lot. Any tips for ordering a simple custom design from a Chinese vendor that stays on the lower end of the budget?

For example, what costs more: Round vs. hearts and arrows main stone White gold (which one?) vs platinum Channel set band vs bead set Moissanite vs lab diamonds for the wedding band 0.5 vs 0.75 carat (much difference in price?)

I love all of the above options so happy for the cheaper one (I think! Anything else I should know? E.g I’ve heard lab diamonds might be worth the extra money for the band..)

Thanks!
I think you just need to send a list of what you want with some inspiration pictures. Unfortunately, gold prices are really high at the moment because of what is going on politically. I don’t think the H&A cuts costs that much more than the brilliant cuts. The 1/2 carat moissanites are less than $100 and a simple solitaire can be as low as $200. A channel set band will be $300-$400 and maybe a bit more if you go for the lab diamonds. I think that SG & Tianyu will have the best cuts for you but if price is the deciding factor, you might want to pick Provence Gems. You should also look at Loupe Troupe or Diamond Bistro because there is a lot of moissanite rings for resell there and they might even be cheaper.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I have had no issues with Chinese made ring settings, I will say that they tend to be “lighter” with gold content, thinner bands, less substance. If you like the finer look that’s great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results