shape
carat
color
clarity

Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

girlsbestfriend

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me if C$6,500 for the following diamond is a good deal:Princess Cut 5.26 x 5.30 x 4.26mm
1.01 carats
Clarity SI-1
Colour H
Cutting grade (per Harold Weinstein Ltd. Gemmological Lab) 2Thanks!

echip

Rough_Rock
It's a good deal for round diamond, but for princess cut it's not a good deal.Remember, princess diamonds are much more cheaper than round.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Best price does not always = best value.
If you have a relationship with the seller and get and expect to get value from services they offer then that may be worth a margin to allow that business to operate.
Some internet vendors can exist on 6% mu, but if they think you are going to mess them around they might decide not to call you back.
BTW dont know about that appraisal service.
You know you can use an Ideal-scope to assess princess cuts too. Christioan is building a fancy cut page as we type. www.ideal-scope.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi GBF,Echip is right about price for princess. You can get EGL graded princess in the internet for about US $3,000.I don't know whether your price includes taxes (PST+GST)This stone has over 80% depth which is quite deep, i.e. the stone will look smaller for its weight.Have you seen the AGA grading scale for princess, www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm ?

girlsbestfriend

Rough_Rock
Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but I just wanted to emphasize that's Canadian $6,500 - still not a good buy?

echip

Rough_Rock
Still NOT a good deal!Princess cut is only about US$3700 per carat for H and SI1.Exchange rate is about C$1.5=US$1
US$3700 x 1.5 = C$5550

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results