shape
carat
color
clarity

Price too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bsheth

Rough_Rock
I have been following this forum for a while and finally decided to post. I have learned a great deal here as I shop for a princess cut for my future wife, but I wanted to see if the following stone seems too good to be true. I have been looking for a 1.5ct princess cut, vs2 (or higher), h (or higher) with a table of 65-72% and a depth of 64-75%. One thing that especially attracted me was that the L/W ratio is pretty close to 1.00 which seems to be a harder to find for some reason? I found this stone online for $7554 while others have been in the $9-10k range. The AGS cert number is AGS 01040384510004 and the weight is 1.515ct. It seems to meet all of my requirements, but I am wondering if there is something I am overlooking? Thanks!

http://www.brilliance.com/diamonds/search/ViewDetails.aspx?id=1&styleID=&SN=BSN0000993306

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about Princess cuts but PLEASE put this diamond on hold as soon as possible. There are a lot of readers and viewers on this forum and I hate to see your potential diamond get snapped up!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Have you been able to see the AGS report? How do you know if the cut is good? Most princess, and other fancy cuts, need to seen through images or in person. But they offer a good return policy in case you aren't satisfied.

I am guessing they are a drop shipper and there is no one available to inspect the stones they sell.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 10:40:41 PM
Author: swingirl
Have you been able to see the AGS report? How do you know if the cut is good? Most princess, and other fancy cuts, need to seen through images or in person. But they offer a good return policy in case you aren''t satisfied.

I am guessing they are a drop shipper and there is no one available to inspect the stones they sell.
Ditto.

And as to your subject line question, the answer is almost always "yes"
2.gif

bsheth

Rough_Rock
I was able to find the AGS report (http://agslab.com/verify_diamond_grading_report.php use the number and weight in the original post). Unfortunately, this is about all of the information I have. I am pretty reluctant to purhcase this one even with the return policy on the site since the price just seems way too low.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I don't see any red flags in the numbers or report, and AGS 0 in light performance is almost always a sign of a beautiful stone. As long as they have a good return policy, you could purchase the diamond and take it to an independent appraiser to make sure every thing is good.

I'm with the others that something that seems too good to be true usually is, or maybe someone just made a typo entering the price on the website.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not heard of that company, that would be my main hesitation. With a good return policy and an appraisal with an independent appraiser lined up, there is little risk with a reputable vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results