shape
carat
color
clarity

Price point for cushion cut

swani88

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. My fiance and I are currently diamond shopping to replace my current stone, and we came across several diamonds online that we were interested in, however we are not too sure about the pricing or quality. One in particular is a GIA graded, 2.2 carat cushion, G color grade, and S12 clarity. The polish and symmetry are very good. There are several feathers along the edges of the diamond, which is what I am mostly concerned about. Where on a cushion cut diamond are feathers most noticeable, and what is a good price point for this stone? Attached is the grading report.

Sincerely,

Christina

222CushionGSI2GIA.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
To get an idea of price you can check prices for stones with similar specs by using the diamond search here.

I'd say a feather inclusion would generally be most noticeable directly under the table. But you can also have a stone with feathers on the side and have them be noticeable without aid. There are so many variables that it's hard to judge if an SI2 with many inclusions is eye clean just off the plot on the cert- its best to have a vendor check it out and see if it meets your definition of eye clean.

ETA I'd be more concerned with the large cloud inclusion. That may be visible or may take away some of the brilliance of the stone.

Edit again to correct dang iPad auto corrects

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Purely thinking about inclusions, I would not be happy with that stone. There are way too many feathers and I tend to always be able to see feathers with the unaided eye - they look like scratches on the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results