shape
carat
color
clarity

price of natural colored diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I know I am all over the map once more, but I was wondering the prices of 1 car natural colored diamond would be? Where could one find them? Thanks...I am still deciding...
emwink.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
From what I've seen, it depends on the color and clarity. Try http://www.icestore.com/, they have a lot of colored diamonds.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice topic!
9.gif

I haven't found a short summary of these things, so the best I can do this pull one out of the hat. Sure enough, I am not an expert - just a distant admirer as yet.

As far as I can tell,

Yellows are comparable with colorless... until 'intense' yellow. The top 'vivid' grade has a world of its own.

Brown and gray come well less.

Everything else makes an exotic jungle.

You may find 30 pts 'fancy vivid pink' priced at 30k or so. Next to 'fancy brownish pink' of the same size below 2k... And a puzzling looking dark 'grayish violet' looking like a sad chip for 20k or so. Each has a story. There is a bit of mystique and mystery about how these most expensive small gemstones are evaluated and priced: the color grades are about half the story - beyond that, expert opinion may differentiate subtle shades worth a 'zero' or two.
31.gif
Moving from one seller to the next, you may find the same special little gem doubling its price. And for all the good reasons since there are not many going around. Much as is the case with rare colored stones.

Aside those very best, colored diamonds are pastel colors... Say, 'fancy light pink' may be comparable with 'K' grade for color intensity (please note that my association is a bit of a guess, probably optimistic). Faint pink... in some cut you get to wonder if there is any color in those stones, and this certainly doesn't make them a true bargain, selling at a premium over D color.

There are nice examples online. Aside Icestore, try David Kodner's site, Diamondsbylauren, Fancydiamons.net, Scheiner, Amgad, and Fancycolordiamonds.net, Walter Dickhaut, R.W.Wise Goldsmiths and I am quite sure there's allot more online.

Have fun :)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks a lot will check it out...
emthup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results