shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Increase?

Picabia

Shiny_Rock
I noticed from another post that certain vendors are increasing their prices due to an increase in the rap report. Was there an increase across the board (that is, amongst all sizes)?

Sorry if this was already covered but I didn''t see a post about the increase. I didn''t realize prices for stones fluctuated significantly from week to week.

wishingstar

Shiny_Rock
i think someone said the other day, significant increase in 2ct+
32.gif
that''s what I''m searching for. slight in 1-2ct, and none under .80pts
pls correct me if I''m wrong.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
rough prices officially went up across the board.
In reality it has been higher for a while to the point cutting some of it was unprofitable.
Prices are going to go up, cutters cant afford to sell at a loss for long.

Picabia

Shiny_Rock
Interesting.
I had seen that post missydebby, I was just curious to know what was going on outside of BGD''s prices.

When you talk about price increases, what does that mean for the average consumer? Is it like $50/carat or in the hundreds? I just bought a 90 point stone last week (ex ex ex F VS2) for $3680 and it seems this week its not as easy to find comparable stones in the same price range, though that could be a fluke.
Like I said, just curious.
Thanks for the info!

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/15/2010 1:05:06 PM
Author: missydebby
There is a thread addressing this as we speak

here''s the link to ''would you buy now or wait''
I''m the one who started the thread...and I ultimately decided that I would rather go ahead and buy now, because even a slight increase (let''s say 500-700) didn''t sit well with me. I had a set amount of $$ for my upgrade and did not want to sacrifice the things I wanted in my new diamond.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh yes.

I was looking at a stone in BGD's virtual inventory. I had it shipped out to look at mid-march. Since then the list price has gone up by just over $3000. This was a 3ct stone.. so I'm guessing the answer is an emphatic YES to that question!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 6:59:08 PM
Author: yssie
Ohh yes.

I was looking at a stone in BGD''s virtual inventory. I had it shipped out to look at mid-march. Since then the list price has gone up by just over $3000. This was a 3ct stone.. so I''m guessing the answer is an emphatic YES to that question!

WOW, that''s a very serious increase!
14.gif

wishingstar

Shiny_Rock
Ohh yes.

I was looking at a stone in BGD''s virtual inventory. I had it shipped out to look at mid-march. Since then the list price has gone up by just over $3000. This was a 3ct stone.. so I''m guessing the answer is an emphatic YES to that question!
Yes, I noticed a difference in prices also off that same list, on Wed. I saw a virtual stone and the next day it was $1000 more
7.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

Picabia

Shiny_Rock
Wow wishing star! Do you mind me asking how big the stone was? I didn''t realize diamond prices were so unstable. Never thought to propose at a financially-convenient time.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Ohh yes.

Picabia I believe this is the stone in question...so it was 3 ct.

also Picabia have you gotten your ring yet???

Picabia

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I thought wishing star had seen another stone.

I haven''t received my ring yet, but thanks for asking! Believe me, I''ll post plenty of pictures when I do, and finish up my review of eternity diamonds so other people comparing places have a reference. The setting is custom, so it takes them extra time. ETA is the week of the 24th, fingers crossed (I''m proposing June 3rd).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was speaking to Brain today and he told me that there is going to be an increase accross the board for all vendors. There has to be, because rough and polished prices have gone up a lot. It is possible that some vendors will not increase the price of existing stock in the same manner as newer stock, and vendors replenish their stock at differing rates, but generally speaking we will see hikes. And he told me that there will be another price increase in August, it was announced by the diamond people (can't recall the name of the source he mentioned), so we are not looking at a one time thing.

The prognosticators are thinking between 8% and 14% this time, and who knows what it will be in August.

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/17/2010 12:00:01 AM
Author: dreamer_d
I was speaking to Brain today and he told me that there is going to be an increase accross the board for all vendors. There has to be, because rough and polished prices have gone up a lot. It is possible that some vendors will not increase the price of existing stock in the same manner as newer stock, and vendors replenish their stock at differing rates, but generally speaking we will see hikes. And he told me that there will be another price increase in August, it was announced by the diamond people (can''t recall the name of the source he mentioned), so we are not looking at a one time thing.

The prognosticators are thinking between 8% and 14% this time, and who knows what it will be in August.
Sheesh! I bet you''re glad you went ahead and got your upgrade dreamer!--I know I am!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2010 12:05:25 AM
Author: JeBri31508

Date: 5/17/2010 12:00:01 AM
Author: dreamer_d
I was speaking to Brain today and he told me that there is going to be an increase accross the board for all vendors. There has to be, because rough and polished prices have gone up a lot. It is possible that some vendors will not increase the price of existing stock in the same manner as newer stock, and vendors replenish their stock at differing rates, but generally speaking we will see hikes. And he told me that there will be another price increase in August, it was announced by the diamond people (can''t recall the name of the source he mentioned), so we are not looking at a one time thing.

Sheesh! I bet you''re glad you went ahead and got your upgrade dreamer!--I know I am!
36.gif
I am very glad. I will be curious to see the prices on similar stones that will be posted in the next batch of offerings.

shiny29

Rough_Rock
These price increases are sounding kind of brutal. I had been saving for an upgrade. I have 1.5 I vS2 RB from BGD and was hoping to push the 2.25ct mark next year. However, at that size it sounds like we''re talking A LOT more money than I had anticipated. As it is, it would already cost about a $1000 more to buy my current stone than what we paid for it. I am not sure if I can deal with that, both mentally and financially. So, I am thinking about just using the money I have saved so far to buy a pendant and scrapping the upgrade idea. Any thoughts???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results