Girdle - Medium Faceted
Fluorescense - None
Graining - Nil
Culet - None
Cut - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Symetry - Excellent

Price paid for ring with said stone in it - $10,900

Taking into consideration the retail of the setting and the difficulty finding them below retail, how did I do price-wise on the whole package? What is the value of just the stone if I were to buy it at a jewelry store? Also, what is the replacement value of the whole thing? Kinda nervous as I haven't had it appraised yet but am doing so next week.

Sorry for the long post, I was told though for stone advice this was the spot.

Thanks for any help.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you are in need of an independent appraisal (someone who does not sell diamonds or jewelry). It is difficult to assign a value to an EGL stone as they are often discounted.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
For the price you paid I am willing to bet you did not get what you think you did. I would be shocked if you did. EGL is known for soft grading.

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Where would I get an independent appraisal?

I'm aware of reported soft grading, but each stone/appraiser is different right? It sure does throw fire...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you probably did fine! You should get it independently appraised, first and foremost, just for peace of mind and insurance purposes. Depending where you live you might be able to find one listed on here.

I really think that EGL-USA has quite a stigma that they don't deserve. EGL and EGLUSA are NOT the same company. I own an EGLUSA stone, I have owned more than one, and they were pretty damn on par with GIA and in one case pretty harsh, especially on clarity.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
If you can't find one on here, I would look for a GIA or AGS appraiser. Don't get me wrong I really hope you did get what you payed for but I had a bad experience with an EGL USA diamond, it was not what I paid for and by the time I realized that I could not return it. I hope it all works out for you though :twirl:

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I don't really know where to look on here for appraisers. Like I said, I've breathed nothing but diamonds for like 3 months, and it sparkles a ton, is 100% eye clean (to my 20/20 vision), and color looks on-par with report at worst, to my untrained eye anyway.

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
If anyone wanted to see... might as well put in in 720p HD and fullscreen...

http://youtu.be/29sSg1KwMxU

Thanks for the advice so far everyone... still listening if anyone has anything to add!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you located. Let's see if we can find you someone good locally.

Or you could just have the ring sent to Neil Beaty for an appraisal, that's what I did when I lived in NJ.

ETA; love the setting. That's my favorite Tacori setting for a round.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty damn nice to me! :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's no fluorescence in that stone?
It looks really blue, almost like a colored stone. (ETA: In the sunlight, of course. I love this effect!)

It's gorgeous though, the ring and stone together. I don't mind the blue color, but it certainly looks like it has some fluor.

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Haven|1317086082|3026436 said:
It looks really blue, almost like a colored stone. (ETA: In the sunlight, of course. I love this effect!)

It's gorgeous though, the ring and stone together. I don't mind the blue color, but it certainly looks like it has some fluor.

According to the cert, no... but I will have to see what an independent says right? Shreveport, LA area...

ETA - believe this was indoor, dunno if the sun played a role in the video or not...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thought the same. Pretty nonetheless.

cheers--Sharon

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Could there be a lighting issue causing it? I notice as she turns it even the Tacori diamonds that came in the setting look the same as well, even some parts of the ring at some angles go blue-ish. I did not notice anything once received... Just wondering...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um... were you wearing blue or perhaps the sky was really blue that day. Diamonds reflect.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ec321-a|1317086403|3026443 said:

According to the cert, no... but I will have to see what an independent says right? Shreveport, LA area...

ETA - believe this was indoor, dunno if the sun played a role in the video or not...

I believe you can find an appraiser in the LA area... https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers here you go.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Not sure how you did deal wise since I am a newbie at all of this myself- but the ring sure looks beautiful!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting but very curious about why it is so blue. In sunlight with flouresence, it is usually more liliac and not a bright windex blue. Plus .. this stone has no flouresence. Would love to know what is causing that ... it seems too blue to be from the sky or a shirt.

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Okay, so... dunno if maybe I found the reason or not, but the video was taken by the seller, and most of her videos on Vimeo have that tint... (74 videos)... who knows... Appraisal seems to be the way, but was unable to find any appraisers in a reasonable distance from me on here... so I'll have to shop around...

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Oh and thanks for all the compliments... maybe when I get home (I work offshore) I'll pull it out of the safe and take a video of my own outside and compare results?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, if you're happy with it, then you did great. It looks great on video. Who was the seller?

ec321-a

Rough_Rock
Rather not say ATM...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results