shape
carat
color
clarity

Price comparison: Graff vs. online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
In case anyone is interested, I was looking in Graff yesterday and was curious how much their prices were inflated compared to online. Just for a sample:

1.25 tcw eternity band with F / VVS / ideal cut diamonds, costs about $900 less at Facets than at Graff.

2.15 ct G, VVS ideal cut RB costs about $7000 less on Blue Nile (taking into account the setting).

However, I got the distinct impression that Graff was a place where people negotiate. So presumably those prices could be brought closer with a little effort.

Just FYI!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Independent Gal. That''s interesting. Which Graff did you go to?

When I was looking in October 2006, Graff NYC prices were double the online vendors. Comparable to DeBeers.

However when I was casually shopping in London in November 2004, I remember thinking that once I got the VAT back, the prices in USD weren''t that bad.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
This was in the US, and without taxes! Also, these were not the ''list prices'' which were much higher, but the prices the man quoted on the piece of paper he gave us, which he said were the ''assuming you''re serious'' prices. That''s probably the difference!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Interesting - they gave it up quickly for you!
2.gif

How''d you find the cut of their diamonds? The ones I saw in NYC had rather large tables, like 60%. They still looked fabulous, but I can never really tell with all of those special glitzy lights.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that was exactly what we found... the tables were a little too large AND they still looked fab-o under those lights. Nonetheless, every time I''ve seen something that made my heart stop at Graff it has tended to be a fancy shape. But not sure they''d be my first choice for an RB. They have some fab settings too. Especially one with channel set pink diamonds in pink gold.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I definitely agree with you! I think their strengths are in fancy shapes and colored diamonds. Man, what''s not to love??
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results