shape
carat
color
clarity

Previous Moissanite & Co purchasers - did you know you may have lab created diamonds?

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this is against the rules (if so, mods please close and delete the thread) but I wanted to post something here regarding some posts I've seen on another wedding website as a sort of PSA. It appears that Moissanite & co has sold lab created stones in the past and has labeled them simply as "diamonds".

As you probably already know, Moissanite & Co give you the option of having the full ring completed with moissanite stones or having diamonds set in the setting and a moissanite center for a higher price. There have been at the very least 2 instances that I've read about online where people paid the extra charge for diamonds. Upon receiving the rings, they had the side stones tested only to find out they were in fact moissanites or lab created diamonds instead.

Some people have posted complaints or questions online only to have Moissanite & co reach out to them directly asking that the posts be removed and offering a discount or incentive to do so (which is super shady if you ask me!). If you have an engagement ring from them that you paid extra to have diamonds set, I would strongly encourage you to have the stones in your setting tested in case they are not as described/what you were led to believe.

I was considering this company for a purchase in the near future and now will be avoiding them like the plague. Please get your rings tested if you paid extra for diamonds. While I have no issue with lab created diamonds, I have a very serious issue with the very large lack of transparency on the company's part.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ironically I was reading reviews for Moissanite and Co online recently and the negative reviews were very concerning (poor workmanship, stones falling out of settings, poor communication after purchase). It seemed that even though there were many good reviews the problems that customers wrote about in their negative reviews would be enough that I would not chance doing business with them. Obviously this is an even bigger problem if people aren't getting what they paid for :sick:

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
yeah i read about this on the weddingbee which is super disappointing. i purchased their petite bezel ring, second hand, with a gorgeous H&A moissanite. unfortunately if theyre not going to be honest about the things they're selling, i can't really recommend them. it sucks because before this incident, i really had only heard good things about them.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is upsetting. A little over 2 years ago, I ordered a Seven Stone band from them. Just a couple months later, a stone was missing. But I have to say that my experience with the company was good in that I contacted them and they had me send it back and they replace that stone free of charge. Thankfully I've had no problem since and the ring is still beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results