Premium
:dance: The best news!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news! Relieved for you all. <3

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
So great to read your happy news!! Love the photo you posted!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad he's doing better!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Come back to check on Dirky Boy.
We don’t mind more photos of him :P2

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best news ever! Dirky had an ultrasound and it showed no fluid accumulation! We are beyond thrilled. He needs to go back in 3-4 weeks to recheck (or if signs of distress). Honestly, Google isn't always a good thing. I didn't expect to have such good news. I read that medical management for dogs has less than 30% success rate. Thank goodness diet and rutin seems to be working. Or his "leak" spontaneously healed. Either way, I will definitely sleep better tonight! So here is a pic of sweet Dirky. It's not the best pic but you can see his brothers in the background. 20220405_193130.jpg

This is good to hear!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Sending loads of prayers to that beautiful baby.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't let the sad puppy dog eyes fool you, Dirky is a very happy boy. He is still doing great and is gaining weight. He goes in for another ultrasound next week to see if there is any fluid in his chest. I haven't seen any signs though so I am very hopeful! 20220427_072230.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad Dirky is doing well @Gussie. How is sweet little Opie?

Thanks Callie! When I was deciding to get Opie, I hesitated only because having 3 dogs is a lot of work. BUT he has given us more joy than I can even say. He's a total clown, one of the funniest pups I've seen. Here's a video from Christmas.

He's a really handsome dog but his character is so silly!

20220109_122951.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie, Thank you posting the video and picture of Opie. I fell in love with Opie when you posted the pictures and videos of him as a puppy.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a fantastic update. About 6 weeks ago Dirky was checked to see if any pleural fluid had built up. Unfortunately, it had but still wasn't so much that it needed to be drained or surgically repaired. I was terrified that it wouldn't be able to be completely controlled by diet alone. Today he went again and THERE WAS LESS FLUID THAN BEFORE! The left side had none and the right was mild! 20220609_162359.jpg He's gained 8 pounds since the whole ordeal started and is feeling great. The vet thinks that either the low fat diet/supplements are working or it is possible that there was a slight rupture that couldn't be seen on US and has healed itself. We are so relieved. I am so happy I can take Dirky to my vacation house without a lot of worry. Yay!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy @Gussie! Please give a big hug to Dirky for me! :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fantastic news!! Very happy Dirk is doing so well @Gussie. Will be a great summer for sure!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for Dirky, and I just knew everything would work out as it did for my kitty many years ago! =)2Have a wonderful summer! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results