shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Summer Sale

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone picked anything up from the PP big summer clearance sale?

I was tempted by this pendant but I really have too many to justify the purchase!

_4680.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That is a keeper!

Also, if anyone gets the pink keshi strand, please post pics! On second thought, if anyone gets anything, please post pics. :p

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoot! I was faked out! I've been looking for days, and missed the start of the sale (despite lurking all afternoon) because the June banner is still up. Oh well, of the many lovely thing sold, only the silver Tahitian pendant would have called to me.

I'm looking forward to other people's purchases.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks like I'm always destined to miss out. The time zone makes it almost impossible for me to keep track.

Oh well. Do post if you bought

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only just seen it, and everything that I liked in my price range is sold out. I LOVE the Bonnie ring - a Tahitian pearl with "ribbons" of diamonds wrapped round it. It reminds me very much of the Tiffany ribbon ring. I've seen it before on PP, but it only comes up in a sale, there's only ever one, and it's always sold out.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1467862744|4052406 said:
I've only just seen it, and everything that I liked in my price range is sold out. I LOVE the Bonnie ring - a Tahitian pearl with "ribbons" of diamonds wrapped round it. It reminds me very much of the Tiffany ribbon ring. I've seen it before on PP, but it only comes up in a sale, there's only ever one, and it's always sold out.

Yeah, I know! I've wanted one forever but for some reason it's never in stock (and always sold out each time the sales come up). I wish they'd offer it as a regular item!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The bonnie ring caught my eye too! Alas not mine.
I also liked the metallic lavander ring and am curious how the multi pearl necklace would look irl.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't see the email until this morning. I simply went to the last page of the sale to see what's already sold out, that I missed out on. :lol:

I'm saving money like crazy these days.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1467904874|4052556 said:
I didn't see the email until this morning. I simply went to the last page of the sale to see what's already sold out, that I missed out on. :lol:

I'm saving money like crazy these days.

So true, eh? There was a time I couldn't let a sale go by...but that was probably because when I was a newbie I was buying a lot of stuff based on price rather than on knowing what I did and didn't like. Sadly, the more *experienced* I have become, the more expensive my tastes have gotten. Tragic, really. It happened after I got more into wine too. Suddenly I found myself drinking a whole lot less because the good stuff was too $$$. Now I can't afford myself!!! :bigsmile:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I spoke too soon. I didn't buy from PP though. My fingers slipped on some silver Tahitian drops on WG eye pins for my huggies from AP (who is having a sitewide 15% off sale). I also bought some YG huggies to match my WG ones...only this time I remembered to upgrade the diamond quality. I have been wanting YG huggies for a long time now and I have never seen them on sale, so it seemed like as good a time as any. I've wanted silver drops for my huggies for a long time too, since they will go nicely with both my grey Tahitian strand from AP and my multicolour strand from PP, so if I'm paying international shipping anyway (which is a flat $35), I might as well save on the shipping by buying them now rather than later. (oh how easily I can justify spend-thriftiness!).

I will of course post pics once they arrive.

And since I am working from home today, I have decided that an appropriate outfit consists of sweats, with my unwashed hair pulled into a ratty ponytail, paired with my AP huggies and peacock drops and my oval strand from PP. I look a bit like I've stolen someone else's pearls! (lets hope no-one comes to the door today!).

Just for eye candy, here is my oval strand from one of the previous PP sales.

fullsizerender__00000004_0.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
There it is cmd2014, I didn't see it posted on the Collections thread the last time I looked. I love this strand so much. I kept looking for the sale, I got a promo link at 12:00 noon, but missed it for early shopping. It was around 2:00 ish when when I saw it hit the regular site. I love the silver Tahitian drop on that thick bale too.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased these Silver Akoya pearls on the last PP sale. I had PP make this this necklace for me to wear to my sisters wedding tomorrow. It can be worn at 18" and 20".

img_4245_0.jpg

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cmd 2014 those ovals are beautiful. Now I'm thinking I'll never make it if PP holds the august tahitian sale.

Frost me. Very sweet akoyas. Enjoy at the wedding.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kalmen, the Tahitian sale has gotten quite a few of us in trouble! The two sales I've been through are (almost) single-handedly the reason why I have way more 18 inch baroque Tahitian strands than one sane person should probably own. And I'm STILL kicking myself for not buying a 54 inch Rikitea strand when I had the chance! But just as a head's up for planning purposes, it tends to be more of a 20 - 25% off sale (like the WSS sale was) than a 50%+ blowout. What is the really nice thing though is that they tend to release a lot of strands which aren't ordinarily on the website. I'm excited to see what happens this year.

FrostMe: Wow your bar necklace turned out well! I love it! I think you found the perfect balance of pearl size/number and chain (which one did you end up going with in the end?). I hope you have fun wearing it at the wedding tomorrow!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cmd thanks for the info. Think my biggest obstacle is timezone. Seems like when ever I'm asleep the sale goes on.
Which is your most versatile tahitian piece?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They tend to put up new pieces every Tuesday through the sale, so it's hard to decide whether to jump on a piece or wait and see. It's usually around 9am pacific time. I'm always at work so I'm always one of the last to the site too.

I think my most versatile piece would be my light multicolour baroque strand. It goes with almost everything and I have a lot of earrings I can wear with it. But I think what you'll wear most depends a lot on your body type and the clothes you tend to wear. Everyone has a sweet spot in terms of length, size, and colour for things to look right. Since I'm in suits all week I tend to live in my short strands (I wear one almost every day). They work well to peek out from a blouse or make more of a statement If I'm wearing a cami or shell under my suit jacket. My personal preference is to go a bit larger and longer with my choices (I tend to lengthen strands to 19 or 20 inches for an additional fee - most vendors are happy to do this) because that looks the best with the necklines I wear most. Others prefer smaller pearls or to take pearls out to shorten strands to 16 or 17 inches. Plus, you'll need to decide whether you want everyday pearls or special occasion ones. Ringed and baroque are more casual than round pearls (I don't think I could pull off round pearls at work as they'd be too formal, so the baroque strands are perfect for me), but rounds, double strands, etc. make more of a dress-up statement.

I'd suggest playing around to find out what you like most. If you are willing to pay shipping costs, alterations are possible at any time after purchase with most of the vendors. Plus, you can use a bracelet to extend your short strands to matinee length ones or connect two coordinating strands together for a rope. It's a trick I learned here. It gives way more flexibility with your existing pieces. It won't be quite as polished as a dedicated long strand, but the flexibility is nice.

Hope that helps!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cmd thanks for sharing. It's useful to know its usually on Tues they start the monthly special.
Yes I have realized that I wear strands mostly for either super dressed up or super dressed down.
I do favour tin cups coz it's more casual and lighter.

I always like the idea of flexibility in jewelery. Definitely the forum has been extremly useful. All the ideas on how to make same piece work for different setting is fantastic

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
FrostMe, your Akoya bar necklace is very pretty. I love the simplicity.

I wonder if I need one. :think: ;-)

Are we certain there will be another Tahitian sale in August? I always liked the connoisseur sales, but they were discontinued.

I can think of a few items I liked from last year's Black Friday sales, so I may wait for that.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrostMe, I love your akoya bar necklace :love: I am adding this to my list of needs!

I don't think the connoisseur sale has been discontinued. They didn't have it last year, wish I could recall the reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had one this year. I have no inside information on this though.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year they did the GSS special instead of the connoisseur sale. People got some stunning pieces (rich, dark, 24k gold pearls which are rare) at some fantastic prices. I looooved Kay's mixed WSS/GSS strand. Gold looks horrible on me though so I got to sit back and enjoy without temptation.

I'm not sure there's a guarantee that any sale will be repeated, so if one comes and you want something, if you can afford it its best to jump. This is particularly true for single item sales. It's usually a small batch of something that can sell out quickly. I get the impression that the Tahitian sale has been popular, so I hope it will be a regular feature.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
There was a PP blog post about some small size Tahitians. Might be a special, who knows.

Will they be adding new items to the current sale, or is this it? Anyone know?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't know Ennui, but per your earlier post, if there's something specific that you want, PP or some of the other vendors would probably quote you a price and make it for you.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm assuming that more will be posted but that's just based on the past, not because of anything on the website.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kaimen22, thank you, the wedding was simple, lovely and HOT.

cmd 2014, I love this chain, it is Pearl Paradise Forzatina, weight it good. I paired it with 10 mm white metallic freshwater studs.

Ennui, thank you I love the simple modern look too just a few pearls, but they really glow!

Baby Nurse, I love it, I needed something lightweight for the sticky midwest summer. 100 plus degree sauna.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone get one of the (only 2 avail) Hanadama bracelets? I was SOOOOO tempted, but I don't like or wear bracelets - particularly pearl ones, because the weight of them sliding around bothers me. By the time I saw them, the white gold one had sold (which would have been my preference) but the yellow gold one was still there. Even not liking bracelets OR yellow gold, it was sorely tempting. I thought it was a fantastic deal - a 7.5" Hanadama bracelet with good size pearls (I believe they were 8.5-9 but may have been 8-8.5) *and* a diamond clasp for $675, I think. Holy moly. You could almost spend that much on just a pair of Hanadama earrings!!!

If anyone got one of them, please fess up and show pics!

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
I have been wanting souffle pearls. I missed out two years ago when they were all the rage. Soon after Chinese pearl farmers weren't producing as many. PP offered large golden pastel strands in a large size at a very reasonable price, so I bought one.

_4776.jpeg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see them on you Luvglitz!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the announcement came out today that they will be adding to the sale later next week, and again before the end of the month. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I also received the announcement. I think my biggest hurdle -- and this may tie into the other topic about lack of traffic -- I don't wear pearls as much as I once did. My lifestyle has changed.

I look forward to the new offerings, but I don't anticipate buying.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I was waiting to see if they have any special metallic earrings , unfortunately they don't . also they have raised their prices .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results