shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your dolls

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YadaYadaYada, your collection is beautiful. I especially love Cabbage Patch kids! They were all the rage a few decades ago. I never had one, but I loved their fat chubby little faces!! :love: ETA: Didn't they come with little birth certificates? Lol!

They did indeed. I probably have at least one birth certificate in my cabinet.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3259.JPG I only have two dolls. The first is a made to look Victorian porcelian doll that I bought at auction. The second is a re-born doll. She has perfect details even down to tiny veins on her wrists. Her little hands are a work of art!

I love that wall design in the background of your first picture! Is that just wallpaper?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
No dolls with 6 kids-can you believe it?! Lots of stuffed animals though.

Actually my kids have a plastic unicorn with rainbow hair but it got all frizzed & ruined . Any tips how to soften it? We tried a bit of conditioner but it didn't help.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No dolls with 6 kids-can you believe it?! Lots of stuffed animals though.

Actually my kids have a plastic unicorn with rainbow hair but it got all frizzed & ruined . Any tips how to soften it? We tried a bit of conditioner but it didn't help.

You can mix fabric softener and water in a spray bottle and comb through it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
9C584E7A-3039-4B44-BAEA-70BC0A3F2FF6.jpeg
I had a rag doll that our neighbour make me when I was six which I loved. She is in storage so no photo.

Last year when we were in lockdown I made 22 personalised rag dolls for a kindergarten class I was in. Each doll has hair like the child & dressed like they came to school. The girls who have earrings have earrings etc.
They didn’t cost me anything except a lot of time. Made out off an old quality top sheet, uniforms were cut from old clothing & uniforms that had tears, stuffing from old washed pillows & felt from art supply at school.

They loved them & had so much fun in the dolls corner role playing for months before they got to take them home.

I must admit I was “over them by doll 10... but I’m glad I persisted because seeing them unwrap them, love them & play with them was beautiful.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, after viewing just this thread all I gotta say is ... dolls also vary. :oops2:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gosh, after viewing just this thread all I gotta say is ... dolls also vary. :oops2:

That they do and some of the old porcelain dolls look so real that they can be very very creepy to be around for some people.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably should do something with then, but I really don't want to, if I'm being honest. I don't have a desire to display or unpack them. I know it sounds terrible, but I am comfortable with them being in the tubs, out of the way. My mom would probably be sad, but it's okay. I don't like clutter of any sort and those to me, would be a lot of clutter!

Is that you Deborah ? :lol:
My best freind from my home town

She also never played with her barbies - they were just to look at

only a few years ago she threw out the 1970's barbie boxes :-o:doh:

But she hates clutter or stuff in general

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I was scared of dolls as a kiddo. And I still am, I think... I had just one. He was called Daniel and was a boy and black. This was so cool and I have no clue how my parents got him in the 1970ies Europe. I loved him, but he was the only one I ever had. No other dolls.

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a very elegant baby with her little pearl bracelet, lol!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Is that you Deborah ? :lol:
My best freind from my home town

She also never played with her barbies - they were just to look at

only a few years ago she threw out the 1970's barbie boxes :-o:doh:

But she hates clutter or stuff in general

I cannot stand anything on counters. I don't allow the toaster, coffee maker, canisters or anything on counters. The only thing I'm ok with on the counter is the Kitchenaid stand mixer. I would put that under as well if it didn't match the colors. My preference is for nothing on surfaces and everything tucked away. I get it from my dad.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3266.JPG IMG_3265.JPG A couple more showing her with her bottle & a close up of her hands & her little pearl bracelet=)2

Is she modeled after an actual baby you know? I ask because I know people will sometimes have these dolls made to look like an actual baby.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love dolls. I collected them and now am looking to give them away. I also had the Seymour Mann dolls as they were my first and less expensive dolls than others. I got the storybook characters and well known celebrity type such as Shirley Temple, in sequins and tap shoes. I display these in an unused bedroom. I have a few asian dolls that sit and are displayed on a bed where my sons cats find solace when needing s nap. They sleep among the two dolls. I have others that are still boxed sitting on shelves in my closet..

A few years back I sent my niece, for her daughter. a Goetz doll, which is where the American Doll originates from. And the Madiline doll, the little French girl.

I also collect Barbies as well. I have about 30. I have the Coca Cola set, and the Harley davidson crew, a few designer dolls like Pierre Cardin, who many of you would say, "whose that"?

I used to exhibit the dolls downstairs so I could see them,. At the time I was involved in a lawsuit. Depositions were taken in my home at several different times. It was an intimidating process and while discussing the case on the phone, I learned that one of my attorneys gets creeped out by dolls and thought the people who collected them were weird. I quickly had them banished from the downstairs, lest we creep out an Ass't US Attorney.(I was impressed by his title) No dolls in sight for his visits.

I Love the cabbage patch dolls, but I am creeped out by the re-born. This thread makes me want to look at the dolls in their boxes again. I must say goodbye to them.

Annette

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot stand anything on counters. I don't allow the toaster, coffee maker, canisters or anything on counters. The only thing I'm ok with on the counter is the Kitchenaid stand mixer. I would put that under as well if it didn't match the colors. My preference is for nothing on surfaces and everything tucked away. I get it from my dad.

We are all different arnt we =)2
I like 'stuff' on my kitchen window sill - my SIL hates it (hello- who's window sill is it)
If i took everything off my bench id have to put them back into moving boxes my kitchen is so devoid of storage
As it is the slow cooker lives on the floor under the table

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My one doll's clothes have arrived and she looks so cute and modern after wearing the same ugly Victorian outfit for forty years! She's currently wearing her pink plaid pajamas and matching pink furry slippers. SO CUTE!

Before:

Laura.jpg

After:

Laura.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My one doll's clothes have arrived and she looks so cute and modern after wearing the same ugly Victorian outfit for forty years! She's currently wearing her pink plaid pajamas and matching pink furry slippers. SO CUTE!

Before:

Laura.jpg

After:

Laura.jpg

Wow !
Even doll hating me is impressed :appl: :appl: :appl:
I almost want to bug her like she is a teddy bear !
i think all the dollies that arnt wanted and arnt worth a lot of money should be given to wee girls to play with

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Daisys and Diamonds! I can't believe how cute she looks. Look at da little furry slippers!!!! I'm going to dress her in her day outfit soon. (Omg, lockdown is seriously getting to me, lol!)

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Is she modeled after an actual baby you know? I ask because I know people will sometimes have these dolls made to look like an actual baby.

Not as far as I know. She is not the prettiest child bless her but she makes up for it with her life-like features. Her hair is so fine & rooted one hair at a time to have a proper crown at the back of her head. I was going to pierce her ears but I changed my mind. She weighs 7lb 6 ounces so a healthy weight for a newborn=)2

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

Before:

Laura.jpg

After:

Laura.jpg

Oh look at her! She looks adorable:kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, folks! And she has more little outfits to come, including a figure-skater dress and skates, and a USA Gymnastics leotard and medal, lol!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her little pink-and-gray coat and hat arrived today, and she looks so sweet!

Doll makeover Day 2:

IMG-1026.jpg IMG-1027.jpg

I really like how you rescued your old vintage doll and are re-dressing her.
I'm sure you are having fun!!

My neighbor is a 'doll doctor', and he buys vintage dolls and rehabs them. His specialty is character dolls from the 1940s-50s.
He is a former hair dresser, and he even re-sets their hair!
I've seen him work miracles!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was $20 for the set - coat, hat, scarf, and boots. She's way better dressed than I am, lol! I would love a coat like the gray one with the pink bows!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results