carat
color
clarity

Post your BLING on summer vacation!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah so beautiful MM!!! Gorgeous rings! Love your 3 stone :love:

This is a cute idea for a thread, I'll post a pic soon!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great thread! Cant wait to see what else I see!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nitedula - do you have a thread in that intriguing beauty?!!?

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Nitedula - do you have a thread in that intriguing beauty?!!?

No, I don't! Thank you for your flattering words - I love my ring, and it's nice to be able to share it with similar-minded people. I've attached a couple of photos taken just now under an LED desk lamp so you can see the details... feel free to skip past the long and boring story!

When we first got engaged about two and a half years ago, I decided I wanted a small, simple bezelled RBC. But we got mucked around by the jewellers we originally went to, and I ended up saying "bugger it" and getting a cheap silver ring so I could at least have SOMETHING to wear before the wedding (it was a short engagement)! The silver ring was in the shape of a reef knot (see photo below): I'm a Latin teacher and the reef knot or "Hercules knot" was a symbol of marriage to the Romans, so it seemed appropriate.

However, while we were trying to get a diamond ring, we had seen this diamond, which the nice man at Affinity Jewellers, who ended up doing my wedding ring, brought out to show me even though it was well out of our budget, because I'd said I liked fluorescence. I couldn't get it out of my mind, and my husband very kindly bought it for me soon after we married.

It was graded by GSL as 1.002ct, G, SI2; it's not the best cut (only "fair" symmetry, and a very shallow depth of 50.9% - faces up more like 1.25ct, at the expense of performance when it gets dirty) but as you can see from my profile picture, it's got that delightful fluorescence, which is what I fell in love with (also they discounted it for that reason, which helped)! Technically only "moderate", but I think it's closer to "strong".

The ring is platinum, and custom-made based on the reef-knot design again; the loop of the knot is pulled tighter than I originally wanted (I wanted the two loops symmetrical), but I was so delighted to be able to wear my diamond that I took it, and it's probably more practical without protruding bits, anyway.

Anyway, on to the pictures! Not the best, but you can at least see the basics.

My original silver ring:
IMG_0807.JPG

The "My Husband Loves Me" Diamond Ring (not looking its best - a bit grey):
IMG_0808.JPG

Profile shot:
IMG_0809.JPG

A bit of fire:
IMG_0810.JPG

Thanks again for your interest!

(Bonus dark-but-sparkly shot)
IMG_0811.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't! Thank you for your flattering words - I love my ring, and it's nice to be able to share it with similar-minded people. I've attached a couple of photos taken just now under an LED desk lamp so you can see the details... feel free to skip past the long and boring story!

When we first got engaged about two and a half years ago, I decided I wanted a small, simple bezelled RBC. But we got mucked around by the jewellers we originally went to, and I ended up saying "bugger it" and getting a cheap silver ring so I could at least have SOMETHING to wear before the wedding (it was a short engagement)! The silver ring was in the shape of a reef knot (see photo below): I'm a Latin teacher and the reef knot or "Hercules knot" was a symbol of marriage to the Romans, so it seemed appropriate.

However, while we were trying to get a diamond ring, we had seen this diamond, which the nice man at Affinity Jewellers, who ended up doing my wedding ring, brought out to show me even though it was well out of our budget, because I'd said I liked fluorescence. I couldn't get it out of my mind, and my husband very kindly bought it for me soon after we married.

It was graded by GSL as 1.002ct, G, SI2; it's not the best cut (only "fair" symmetry, and a very shallow depth of 50.9% - faces up more like 1.25ct, at the expense of performance when it gets dirty) but as you can see from my profile picture, it's got that delightful fluorescence, which is what I fell in love with (also they discounted it for that reason, which helped)! Technically only "moderate", but I think it's closer to "strong".

The ring is platinum, and custom-made based on the reef-knot design again; the loop of the knot is pulled tighter than I originally wanted (I wanted the two loops symmetrical), but I was so delighted to be able to wear my diamond that I took it, and it's probably more practical without protruding bits, anyway.

Anyway, on to the pictures! Not the best, but you can at least see the basics.

My original silver ring:
IMG_0807.JPG

The "My Husband Loves Me" Diamond Ring (not looking its best - a bit grey):
IMG_0808.JPG

Profile shot:
IMG_0809.JPG

A bit of fire:
IMG_0810.JPG

Thanks again for your interest!

(Bonus dark-but-sparkly shot)
IMG_0811.JPG

Well bloody hell, that is the most lovely pear cut setting I think I have ever seen! And I have one if my own that I adore, so that's saying something! I love the symbolism & although it didn't quite turn out how you wanted, I think it's stunning. And thanks for the background - I love everything!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a posh beijing resort hotel.
20170719_014924-jpg.503919

New diamond pendant, diamond band, 3 stone spinel ring and jade bangle

View attachment 20170719_014924.jpg

View attachment 20170719_014924.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nitedula, beautiful ring and pretty scenery! It does have a vacation feel to it!

MTG, gorgeous pieces! You look really lovely. Hope you're having a great trip.

Here are a few from South Carolina
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah guys!! Keep it up. Now that's we're well in July maybe people will have more vacations/weekends away (or staycations - that's fine too!)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's an accidental picture of my ring (my hand on my daughter's shoulder) at Niagara Falls, haha. :) I've been wearing the solitaire by itself even though I'm quite married.

IMG_2745.JPG

And here's one later in the trip, taken indoors with no lights on and the shade closed, in the morning, on a white comforter at a resort hotel. It's a gritty photo and the color is a bit off, but I like it.

IMG_2196.JPG

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
In Napa Valley!!

FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg

(I can't make a SMTB thread yet because we've had to send the ring back to be resized - turns out I'm actually more like a 3.5/3.75. Ooopss.... :wall:)

Ohhhh my it looks so perfect, dazzle!! It could not be more beautiful and as you can tell by my username, clearly support the venue choice for the proposal! :mrgreen2::lol-2: I'm going to keep coming back to stare at this until my AVR is set :love: Congratulations, can't wait to see more pics when it's back on your hand!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE all the bling on vacation pics. All I can say is PSers have the best bling and they bring it to the best places!
I will attempt some pretty blingy shots during August for this thread but in the meantime I will share this photo...I got creative.:lol:

beachbackyardhazycityview-3.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This summer I treated myself to a eurotour. Hello from paris! Been a week of non stop eating and walking.

I left most of my pricier diamonds at home but couldn't resist bringing my new pendant/bracelet charm with me.

2017-08-25 08.21.39.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zaanse in the Netherlands. Gosh it's pretty there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results