color
clarity

Post-Wedding Blues...

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else? Ugh.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I'll elaborate. For about a week after the wedding, despite all of my happiness, I was so sad it was all over. Every moment was so perfect and lovely that I wanted to re-live the whole weekend. Has anyone felt similarly? I still have moments where I just want it alllll back.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I've been there (ok, maybe I'm still there)! Especially when looking at pictures! It makes me so happy but then a little bit sad because although it was wonderful, it's over. I am feeling the same way about our honeymoon! It was such a wonderful week and so relaxing and perfect that I'm sad it won't ever happen again. Sure we'll go on vacations but it won't be quite the same. And with saving for a house and me only working part time until Jan. I don't think an exotic tropical vacation is in our future anytime soon :(

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
I got married two weeks ago and some thoughts I've had:
"Why did I worry about X?"
"Thank god I didnt build this up to be best day of my life?" I had fun, but I certainly hope that's not the best day of my life.
"Wow, all that worrying and work for one evening." And we had a very small, simple wedding.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved every second of our wedding day, the months leading up to it, all the planning... but life afterwards is what I was REALLY looking forward to. Planning our lives from thereon. House projects. Going out for dinner as a married couple. Children, of the human and canine varieties. Laying on the couch with a DVD and a cup of hot chocolate, snugged up to my husband. Just being married and getting excited about all we have ahead of us! There were blues, oh yes, I guess that comes naturally with such a build up to a monumental event, but what we had to look forward to (life in general!) after the wedding helped alleviate them alot 8)

Our 3rd anniversary is in 4 days, and I still get butterflies and all excited thinking about our future together! Sounds sucky but it's very true.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't really feel sad, but it was more like "now what?" The wedding was over, the honeymoon was over, and there was nothing else to plan. I kept feeling like I should have been doing something.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Eh, I felt sad.... I was excited for married life, but so enjoyed every moment of our wedding. I wanted to relive it all! It's such a wonderful, memorable, incredible day & until I have little ones, it will probably be the greatest day of my life 8)

So, anyway, I hear ya! I'm not sure how I got through it. We started looking at homes shortly after getting married, so that sort of took the place of wedding dramz ;-) Eventually we settled into our daily married-life routine (which sounds dull, but I quite like it!) and I stopped romantically reflecting on our wedding.

I think you'll find that every day with your DH can be a wonderful day & you'll want to make the most of your newlywed time!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I have it. Post Wedding Depression I call it. lol The wedding took up so much of my time. It was something to look forward to. It was an amazing day. But then bam - it's over! And while I have pics, and we are waiting on our pro prints and the album and the video, it's still over. And it was just another normal day in the lives of everyone else. Some want to see your pics. . . some don't care. So suddenly after the honeymoon, the gift opening and the thank you cards, it's done. Something that was such an important part of my life before is gone. Does that makes sense? So I'm sad. I'd love to do it all over again! Mostly because some things were a blur. We lived together before and so nothing major has changed. Just back to regular life. So yes, I have the post-wedding blues. lol

kberrie22

Rough_Rock
Oh man I have had some wedding blues! I think people who really love one another feel that after the wedding..hehe :) My HUSBAND (yay!) has been so supportive, when I told him how I was feeling (because lets face it, it is not very regularly talked about or mentioned as something that can happen to you after your wedding) he was very kind to me and said that it will pass, and that he even felt a little that way too. So while I have no idea when this feeling will go away, I do know that it will as long as I want it to, and that it really helps to tell your husband that you are feeling this way, because who knows, they might need you during this time as much as you need them! Anyone else on here have some "proven methods" to share with me while I wait for this feeling to pass? Thanks and hope most of you that posted here are feeling much much better!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, me too. Totally in wedding withdrawal and I'm in a particularly terrible boat because I'm a newlywed...in a long-distance marriage.

Blech.

Really just poor planning on our part. We met in Chicago, then I graduated from law school with a year deferral before moving to DC for my job. In the interim, I moved home to Texas to help out my disabled mother. We tried to buy a house in DC (closing last month), but because of my deferral we couldn't get the mortgage yet. So now I'm still in Texas in the middle of a giant home renovation project on my mom's house, he's still working in Chicago, and because he needs to be a barred attorney for 5 years before he can automatically waive into the DC Bar, he has to stay working in Chicago through the end of November. Whereas I start work in DC the beginning of October.

I'm married and I barely freaking feel like it. It makes me want to scream. Totally should have gotten married over Labor Day, not Memorial Day. Too late to change it now!

Wow...that was a lot of venting. ::hugs:: everyone

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry|1309932382|2962553 said:
Oh, me too. Totally in wedding withdrawal and I'm in a particularly terrible boat because I'm a newlywed...in a long-distance marriage.

Blech.

Really just poor planning on our part. We met in Chicago, then I graduated from law school with a year deferral before moving to DC for my job. In the interim, I moved home to Texas to help out my disabled mother. We tried to buy a house in DC (closing last month), but because of my deferral we couldn't get the mortgage yet. So now I'm still in Texas in the middle of a giant home renovation project on my mom's house, he's still working in Chicago, and because he needs to be a barred attorney for 5 years before he can automatically waive into the DC Bar, he has to stay working in Chicago through the end of November. Whereas I start work in DC the beginning of October.

I'm married and I barely freaking feel like it. It makes me want to scream. Totally should have gotten married over Labor Day, not Memorial Day. Too late to change it now!

Ohhh that whole reciprocity bit is always more than everyone realizes! Well you're super close, almost there! Just a few more months and you'll both be in DC! Hang in there! (and send me some luck for my bar exam in a few weeks!)

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry|1309932382|2962553 said:

Blech.

I'm in a similar situation. DH (yay, I can start typing that!!!) is in the process of moving out here to LA from Boston. We got to spend about a week together after the wedding, but we're back to our respective coasts now. I think we should be settled in August or September. Hopefully then we can take our honeymoon.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
KittyGolightly|1310094734|2964391 said:
I'm in a similar situation. DH (yay, I can start typing that!!!) is in the process of moving out here to LA from Boston. We got to spend about a week together after the wedding, but we're back to our respective coasts now. I think we should be settled in August or September. Hopefully then we can take our honeymoon.
Oh no! You too? I hope this time goes quickly for you!

And megumic - good luck!!!!!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry|1310099265|2964435 said:
KittyGolightly|1310094734|2964391 said:
Oh no! You too? I hope this time goes quickly for you!!

For you too! The summer will go by before we know it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I felt depressed but not for the reasons described on the websites. I am so angry at myself for not fully enjoying the day ... I was very busy with work so I had a ton of last minute things to do in the few days before the wedding. I slept 3 hours in 3 days and lost 7 lbs - so when the wedding day came around .. I was dead tired and feeling sick. On the other hand, even dispite the things that went wrong - the wedding was amazing and our guests are all saying it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

I want so badly to do it again and fix all the mistakes but that's not possible ... and I definetly don't want to spend all that money again on one day!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
@charmypoo

I get it! I just got married over the weekend, and I was so struck with the depression after. Mostly because I didn't get to say hello to everyone, and the ones I ended up spending most time with were people I weren't so close to and they occupied me because they were so drunk. I should've excused myself and moved on to my family standing there waiting for me, but I was so exhausted I couldn't think straight. I also had just changed into my red chinese dress reluctantly because my BELOVED Oscar de la Renta got spit sprayed ALL OVER with red wine spots because a friend was dancing with red wine in his mouth and started laughing at a joke another friend said to us while we were dancing. To my terror I was covered in red wine. I had to run away and try not to cry or go ballistic on people. Changed into red dress and got tossed into the next reception duty to throw the bouquet. I had to put on a smiling face the rest of the night because, heaven forbid, I get angry at my own wedding. It made things worse. I failed to think straight and failed to say hello and dance with my cherished guests. What was worse, my groom got fed a series of shots and he was too drunk to comfort me at the end of the night.

=(

But, I still loved everything up to that turning point. I am depressed though because I want my 2 hours of sadness back so I can make it the way I wanted it to be at the end of the evening. If that had never happened, my night would have been one of the most cherished nights of my life. I hate to say it, but the guy who spit wine all over me really ruined everything.

So I am depressed. I can't get it out of my head. I almost cried at work today.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Pannini, I'm so, so, so sorry to hear what happened to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results